How can such a solid person die?

Same here Cheryl. Her age is the bit I can’t come to terms with yet I know there are people probably wanting to scream that we were lucky. But I don’t feel she was lucky in any way. Maybe that’s just grief talking and in a few years we will think more positively about it. But like your mum on my mums calendar she had written in a September “holiday with Julia”. As you know we never got our holiday together here in my new home

Jennifer, I am full of admiration for your dedication to your husband. You say you would do it all over again… that is a clear example of true and everlasting love. I am so sorry for your loss and I hope you might find some small comfort from visiting this site. Take care and god bless you. AL x

1 Like

Sorry Jennifer we missed your post. I’m so sorry for your loss. I Echo what AL says. What wonderful love and devotion. To be with your soulmate for nearly 60 years. I’m sorry you just missed your anniversary. But with him in your heart you will celebrate 60 wonderful years. Do you have family?

Hi. All. It’s strange, or is it? how a Robin comes up in so many posts and so many see it as an indication of a loved one still present and looking after us. In some cultures a Robin is regarded as a messenger from God. His red breast is seen as the blood of Christ. Messages come in all shapes and sizes, and when they come we should be grateful they do. The comfort they can give is needed. Blessings to all. John.

Thankyou John for that lovely explanation. I have noticed that when I most want support or doing something that Brian and I did together this is when a Robin appears. I certainly see it as Brian looking over me.
Pat xxx

Yes, I have 2 daughters and one son, but they all work so I only see them at weekends, one daughter in the week sometimes , I have my Grandson living with me for a while also , so that helps a lot. , But I am still grieving my lovely husband . I have just downloaded Amanda Holdens new song called With You , I know it was for her child that she lost , but oh my goodness did that make me cry while I listened to it . That is exactly how I feel about my husband. I know I have to be brave , I try to be positive in front of everyone , even cracking jokes but underneath all that I am a broken soul … , I miss him so much it hurts .many thanks for your kind words,

Hi C1971 and Eli
Thanks for replying. I am so sorry for both your losses. Yes Tony died peacefully. He said he had a dreadful headache, went to lie down, fell asleep and never woke up. Great for him but devastating for the rest of us.
My thoughts are with both of you. We are all in this together.
Love and hugs, Ann x

1 Like

You too Ann x

Thank you my darling xx