Every day is as hard as the last one,
You go on because that’s what you do.

So I will try and make new memories,
I know you’ll show me how,
Though deep down I don’t want to,
That’s how I have to live my life now.

14 Likes

Hi jodel1712
What a perfect poem it says exactly how I feel and I’m sure others can relate too .
I’m so sorry for your loss thank you for sharing that
Take care hugs and kisses to you x

3 Likes

How right is that poem so true

3 Likes

Great poem and think it sums up how we all feel xx

3 Likes

That poem says it all sorry for your loss thank you for sharing it
Take care xx

3 Likes

A beautiful poem. It has made me cry as I have the same feelings towards my wonderful husband who died 21 months ago. The pain is endless he was my everything :broken_heart:

3 Likes

What a beautiful poem i lost my husband 6 months ago and it still as raw as it was 6 months ago i just take ea ch day as it comes like the poem says time is a great healer but it dosnt feel like it at the moment.iam lucky i got good family and friends support.But i will never forget my husband he be in my heart forever

4 Likes

What a wonderful poem and thank you so much for sharing it. You have given me some hope in my sad time
Love
Carol

3 Likes

what wonderful words .
married 56 years two years on I have excepted my loss . i miss my angel joe so much

3 Likes

Hi Jodel712
Your poem is beautiful and so very true. I actually read it aloud to my late husband’s photo. It’s now been 4yrs, last week since losing him and I can honestly say my life as it was ended on that day. As I say to people I’m just putting one foot in front of the other to get through the days.
Hugs to you and all who read it xx

3 Likes

I lost my wife, Bev, on February 8th, a matter of weeks ago. Your words say everything I feel. Thankyou.:heart:

3 Likes

What a reflective poem it brought a lump to my throat thank you for posting a huge hug x

3 Likes

Oh my I’ve just come back on to the site. Your poem has made me cry. It is exactly how I feel x. Each day I try not to bring others down but they really don’t understand that everything we do is because we don’t have a choice but we have to keep going for them. Because we love them. This life is not the one I hoped I would have but I have to keep living it. And I do really try to feel happy xx

4 Likes

What a beautiful poem, it is 5 years Monday I lost my beloved husband and best friend.
These words are exactly how I feel. Thank you.

4 Likes

Your poem is exactly how I feel, lost my husband 15 months ago but feels like yesterday. You try to put a brave face on but it’s soo hard, take care xx

3 Likes

So beautiful, thank you for sharing, it certainly says what we all feel

3 Likes

Hello and thank you for sharing this poem. It sums up my feelings completely. All I can do is sit here and miss my wonderful husband but messages like this one really matter to me I am still struggling to carry on with life but it is impossible on my own. I am so lonely but receiving these posts do help me. Carol

4 Likes

What a beautiful poem. It says everything that I personally think. Thank you.

3 Likes

Hello everyone
What a lovely poem, it sums up exactly how I feel & the comments others have made I totally agree with. I miss my darling husband & think of him everyday. I try to carry on in a positive way but never thought I would be a widow in my sixties, I thought we would grow old together & have many more years to enjoy together. Life can be so cruel.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear you loss Gillie. Very sad. May I ask how you lost your husband. I also lost my husband 2 years ago.

2 Likes