Hubby is past caring it seem, any advice?

After 3 weeks it seems my hubby has had enough of me. He said he cant do anything right. I just expected more than 1 word answers , like i should be over it by now. I wanted more understanding, is that too much to expect from by husband?

Hi Helen
I lost my husband 3 weeks ago. Your emotions will be all over the place. Plus you have a baby which plays havoc with your hormones. It is normal to project on the people closest to us in an awful situation like this. Your husband may be finding it difficult to deal with seeing you so upset. Please try not to be hard on yourself. You are in shock. Do you have anyone else you can talk to? The people on here are good listeners.:blue_heart:

I have so many people to talk to but very little of them i would comfortable talking to tgem. I feel some arent genuine.

You poor thing. My heart goes out to you. You have absolutely done the right thing reaching out. A lot of people on here will have been in your position. I lost my mam 25 years ago and my son barely remembers her. Lost my lovely dad 5 years ago and that was harder as I was his favourite out of 5 daughters. The trauma of losing him nearly broke me but in time I found the strength to carry on. Losing my husband is completely different. I have to make a new life for myself. Please take care and stay on here. I’m here to help if I can💙

Hi Helen, I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve lost your mum and that your husband is not being supportive. @deedeewills has also posted yesterday about problems with her husband after losing her mum - perhaps you’d like to talk to her? You can reply to her post here: Mum

Grief can certainly put a strain on relationships, as it can be difficult to understand what it feels like when you haven’t been through it. However, I don’t think it is too much to expect your husband to try to be there for you and give you time and space to grieve. Three weeks is no time at all and it is definitely very unrealistic to expect you to be ‘over it’.

We have some information on our website about how to support someone who has been bereaved, which your husband might find helpful: https://www.sueryder.org/supporting-someone-who-has-been-bereaved. I understand this would only be helpful if he is open to reading it and trying to take it on board, but it might be worth pointing him there if you think he means well but has no idea how to help.