Husbands funeral

It is 3 weeks today since I lost my beloved husband. Tomorrow will be his funeral, his final journey.

I feel very tense, scared even, I know his soul is with the Lord, and its just his earthy body that remains but its still my lovely, sweet, caring, funny husband that I have to say my final goodbyes to.

I pray for strength and guidance as I’m so lost. :pray:

Sending you love and hugs for tomorrow I hope you find the strength to get through the funeral
I never said goodbye to my husband I said till we meet again. We get through it somehow I hope you have family support xx

1 Like

I never thought I would get through the funeral but I even managed to read a poem I had written and I did the Eulogy. I never broke down once because it made me feel that my husband would be proud of me. I ironed all the clothes for his funeral and I coped with everything. Then when the phoned to say his ashes were ready I broke down and could not even look at them for a month. My daughter kept them at her home. It is now 28 months on and the ashes are in my home but I have to keep them out of sight or it breaks me. I am just beginning to look at the odd photo. Everyone is so different and you will find strength that you never thought you had. God bless and I am thinking of you. Xx

1 Like

Thank, I pray I can make my husband proud tomorrow. X

I am 19 week into doing this journey alone. I never thought I would get through the funeral but then I said to myself I need to do this for Rob and make him proud it’s the last thing I can do for him .
He was involved in so many things and love so many types of music so I managed to involve all that was important to him he had 20 lambretta following him to the crematorium then they did a guard of honour which was spectacular and they all clapped as he went past.
I involved a bit of northern soul as we were very big into that and I had ukuleles playing just outside the crematorium as we came outside into the grass it was his day and I think he would have loved it . So you can do it tomorrow knowing you have done your level best for him and you can hold your head high too x
Stay strong you can do it x x

Hi KazzaT20. My thoughts are with you getting through your husband’s funeral. Life feels so cruel sometimes. You are doing this so that your husband is spared the grief that you are now going through and I’m sure he would be proud of you.
Come back to the site and let us know you are O.K. when the funeral is over. Thinking of you.
Much love. x

1 Like

Thinking of you today sending love & strength xx

1 Like

KazzerT20 you have been in my thoughts today I’m sure you did him proud . Let’s us know your ok sending hugs

1 Like

Thank you, today has been the hardest day in my life, everything went as planned.:rose::broken_heart:

2 Likes

Glad everything went as you planned, i’m sure he would be very proud of you.
Take care sending virtual hugs

Dinky xx

1 Like

I hope so, thank you xx💔

1 Like

Sending you love x

2 Likes

I am thinking of you especially as we are both very similar, I lost my partner 4 wks ago tomorrow, his funeral is on Friday. I can understand the wrecking ball that you feel has been taken to your heart, please know that you are not alone, even though the loneliness can smother you sometimes. Allow yourself to scream, cry, beat a pillow in anger, breaking down isn’t a weakness, it’s a sign of how much we loved our partners. I am thinking of you amd I do know how you feel :cold_sweat:sending you love from a complete stranger who ‘gets it’ - sarah x

3 Likes

Thank you, I feel your pain. I feel like I’m in the wilderness with no end to the void. It’s the worst pain I have ever felt. Sending love and prayers,

1 Like

:heart::heart:I agree with you when you say it’s the worst pain ever, sometimes it feels like my whole body is bleeding from the inside out, literally everything I look at reminds me of my partner, even going to get groceries upsets me as I walk out of our home alone and walk home alone, passing places we used to go to together, the void is like a black hole I feel trapped in - The worst is that people have stopped asking how I am as they don’t want to upset me and I don’t want to call people to have a cry as I think they will be bored of my grief. I am super grateful to have found this chat space though as when I chat here I actually don’t feel quite so alone - I have been thinking of you and I promise you that I understand EVERYTHING you are saying - sending you my love and support xx

I agree people don’t want to upset you, so they avoid. My phone is definately a lot quieter and due to the covid restictions no one visits.

My wilderness has no boundries, no shape and no colour and I can’t imagine ever finding my way out without my darling Tommy.

My heart goes out to all those who are grieving. :broken_heart: xxx

1 Like

I get what you say, I truly do, the world seems duller, blurred and I too struggle to think of a life without my Richard - I keep telling myself he would hate to see me this sad, I try to believe that that the more I tell myself this the the stronger I will become but…
The only way forward is for us to look at each day as it comes, when we get through that day it’s a small victory. It’s Richards funeral tomorrow, I am the only person going outside of his family, everyone else has sited covid as a reason for not going, I feel so angry but then I feel strong as I know I am still standing by his side when others aren’t. Richard passed away from brain cancer, covid meant his treatments were delayed, and/or simply didn’t happen. I refuse to be angry as it won’t bring him back but, on a good day, I prefer to be blessed that I had him in my life when some people have never been lucky enough to know that kind of love. Focus on that for your Tommy, you loved him, he loved you, there are people out there who have, and may not ever experience that joy and love, we must believe that we were the lucky ones to know how love truly feels xxxx

3 Likes

@Sarahsmiles wishing you plenty of strength to get through Richard’s funeral tomorrow

1 Like

Sending strength & love for tomorrow xxx

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to say this :heart: Kindness from a stranger really makes a difference :heart::heart:

1 Like