I am a ghost

My 1st attempt but i love him. My granddaughter whos 6 calls it grandad bear.

2 Likes

Fabolous, they look great

They look great.
I wish i could sew but not so talented.
Maybe with sone practice i could try as still have husbands clothes around.
X

You can always start with making a cushion for yourself some thing to hug when youā€™re feeling down x

2 Likes

Yes, I do. Itā€™s like being in someone elseā€™s house.
Thereā€™s such a huge empty space in my life now. It still seems unreal.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s how I feel, a big void, I was full on taking care of my dear wife about 20 hours most days, then it stopped after Norma died now, I am lost and very lonely

3 Likes

@Helpme1 thatā€™s the worst thing the quietness . My husband was so lively and funny itā€™s so not fair

4 Likes

Yes, and the days are coming to winter

2 Likes

I know not looking forward to winter long dark night silent and lonely without him around and no one to share them with.
So alone with my thoughts memories and trying to hold it together. x

4 Likes

This will be my second winter without my dear wife, I live quite remote and donā€™t see many people over the darker days

4 Likes

Me, too, @Galaxy75. I am dreading being without my husband this winter. Itā€™s been bad enough the lighter nights. Once the curtains were drawn, we were in our own cosy world, like you would have been. OMG, itā€™s a nightmare.
Take care. Xx

4 Likes

Yea I know the feeling, I not live with the person I loved, but I feel empty inside, I was in England she in U.S but Iā€™m feel lost with out her, the tears still flow, but I have to try and carry on, only in my mid 50s

2 Likes

The years were flowing for me today @Desmond and i lost my husband 10 months to the day today ! So hard isnt it ! People really dont understand ā€¦ i wish they damn well did ! Im sick of having to justify myself all the time why im still sad ! Because we were married for 35 years thatā€™s why ! God people are so thick !!!

2 Likes

Yesterday I spent the day moving furniture around small bed room now as a reclining chair and small coffee table, it suits me as I canā€™t go in living room just seems too big and cold itā€™s lost that certain someone whose never coming back, Iā€™ve decided until the winter as come and gone this is where Iā€™m going to be living I never in my wildest dreams would have thought it would come to this my home is now a empty house :sob:

4 Likes

Thxs for your reply Deb5, its not been a great year for me, 1st I lostā€™d my mom in Oct last year, but she was nearly 90, and I knew she would go soon, still a shock, but it was on the cards, then in Aug i lost my cousin to cancer, he only in his early 60s, but the lost that has shocked me to the core, was the loss of G/F-friend, as I not see that coming at all and I was only chating to her less then 2 weeks before she died, ok her life style was not great, but she did look after herself I told her too, at times, but she was in Florida U.S I was in London UK, my plan was to meet up with her , maybe next year, but all that now has been taken away from me, the poor women was so alone in her life, she found me, which breaks my heart even more, I did not now how strongly I loved her till she died and then I just fell apart, I was broken in to little bits, and I have not been able to be myself again since then, your right people do not understand what we go through, the pain and hurt we suffer, my G/F was only 52-3 iā€™m 56, thats why I never saw this coming, look out for little signs that your hubby is still around near you, talk to him when you can, there will be little things to show his there, ie like you might be at home and hear his voice in the room, or feel a touch on you, yet not one is there, I have felt them, but it still donā€™t take away from the lost we feel, bless you.