I am NOT A STRONG WOMAN!

Thank you for your reply,
yes i have had to deal with many peoples wrong ways of dealing with grief, to good friends who dissapear into the woodwork, to people who see you but they turn away, to others who are very intrusive and want to know every detail. I wish i could say things dont get worse, but with covid sorting out legal side of things is sure difficult. take care

Hello Sheila, thank you for your reply. I like the idea of the stone, worn like a beautiful piece of sea glass, that’s a lovely way of putting it. And thank you

John’s wife, think I’ll manage to raise a small glass of red, not my choice either!!, to Malc and think of you and your sons with your small whisky… I once told him I could”get it down” with a steak and he was horrified! . Will try to raise a smile as well. Thank you both for your support. Sending love x

Dear Johndwife
I have only just read this post. How wonderfu to see the barn owl and what a comfort it must have been. My husband adored wildlife, particularly owls and used to take in injured ones. Almost invariably his love and care of them resulted in their release back to the wild. I was, am, so proud of him and his beautifu caring hands. I try to find comfort in the fact he loved his life and family and knew how much we love him.

2 Likes

@AnnR John and I loved all animals and wildlife. How lovely that your husband was able to save some owls. I always managed to get the little birds back when they accidentally flew into the windows of our house. I never saw the owl again so I think it must have been a very special message from my John. I miss him dreadfully.

Hello John’s wife, hope you are having a good day. Have posted this already on another string but wanted to share it with you! Your experience with that beautiful owl so touched me and made me wish I could have some sign from Malcolm. Had given up hoping. 15 weeks to the day yesterday, in the morning. Yesterday morning I was reading in bed when a butterfly flew in through the window. It flapped round the room then against the closed windows. I went over to help it out and it flew towards me then landed on my heart, rested a few seconds then flew straight out, as if it knew its way. The feeling was indescribable, couldn’t speak or I would have, but I felt somehow blessed all day. Did the owl make you feel like that? The only day I haven’t cried. Then our son said the evening before the butterfly their table lamp kept flickering on and off, not a faulty bulb as it was okay the next day. We definitely think it was him getting in touch! Hope you have a good day xx🦋can’t find an owl!

2 Likes

@bjane How wonderful and I do believe it was your darling Malcolm sending you a sign. He might send you an owl one day. The owl definitely made me feel blessed. I rushed out into the garden as it flew over me and shouted out to John as I reached up to it, the neighbours must have thought I was mad! I was crying with the emotion of it all. I am going to get my hair cut today. John cut it for me during the lockdown and did a really good job. I am then meeting my eldest daughter for an evening meal. it is not so bad now as I have come to terms with the fact I must wait until I am with him again and live on our wonderful memories in the meantime. I have not yet had a day that I don’t cry including today. Take care and here is an owl for you :owl:

2 Likes

Thank you John’s wife for the reassurance! I found it so emotional too and was lost for words, not something that often happens, would’ve spoken to him but he was gone. He always did leave abruptly, think it was his Aspergers! Unlike you I couldn’t follow him out of the window but it really was the loveliest feeling and kept me afloat all day. Bit of a bad day today but it seems to go like that doesn’t it, no pattern to it, up one day down the next. But like you, I am hoping we’ll be together again again one day and accept there’s nothing we can do about it except keep battling through the days. Having a haircut will feel good and I hope you have a lovely meal with your daughter. Sending a big virtual hug xxx

1 Like

Oh, thank you for the owl!! xx

Sending hugs back :owl: xx