I am totally confused

I thought they were just adding a few more functions not changing the whole forum, what a total let-down to our bereaved…Just as we were making new friends and getting the help and comfort we so desperately craving-needing, this has been our final let-down and put many of us back to square one, or in a lonelier place than we were before we joined, as many are now giving up and leaving,… Just what were Sue Ryder thinking of…

Jackie…

I’m sorry to be a bit outspoken, but I do think so many of us are not giving the new site a chance. I appreciate we are not all computer literate, but once used to it I find it very helpful. All community websites take getting used to, and anyone coming here for the first time would probably have no problem not having seen the old one, which, in my view, was outdated.
It would be so very sad if anyone leaves because of it. We have all made friends here and those are friendships I value. I would hate to lose anyone.
Information and help is available if anyone has problems. I’m sure the Admin team are willing to help. In our present state of mind everything is difficult. But I have found that working on the site and getting used to it has taken my mind off my problems, if only for a while.
It’s over a year now since I came on here and I have met with so much kindness and understanding. I would ask anyone who is thinking of leaving to reconsider. There is no substitute for experience in grief and that we all have. Blessings.

2 Likes

Jackie. You have managed to post and your posts have come through ok. If there’s a problem give Admin a shout. They are there to help. Don’t give up on us. Your posts are appreciated.
Blessings. John.

1 Like

I must admit to agreeing with the for’s and against. The previous setup might have been outdated but it was easy. I now seem to be wasting my time trying to find out what everything does. I should be used to this having done it at work but I was younger then, that’s my excuse anyway. We can in time get used most things though. I’m not trying anything clever at the moment, one step at a time.
HOWEVER it did take me two days and four hours to log in and as I wasn’t the only one, it couldn’t have been a senior moment!!! Admin could offer me little help and not sure why I had such a problem but fortunately I got there on my own.
If I have to put in my password again, which I had to do many times with the old system then I will probably be gone as I have no idea which is my password having tried four times.
I hope no one leaves but it might put off new members who think it too complicated. To old members I say just go slowly and ask if you get stuck. I certainly will. Ha just attempted to put in the time and date and didn’t understand what came up so I will forget that… No idea what some of these icons mean but don’t like being beaten so will find out… Still can’t see the point of them though.
Pat xxxx