I don’t know how to move on

Oh Caz I’ve only just seen your post. I hope that your appointment with the doctor went well. I cannot believe there was no response from the Samaritans - how desperate that must have been for you. I took Johns elderly aunt out to lunch today just so she felt she wasn’t being left out.
Shared so many stories of John growing up and how she used to mind him when his mum went to work. It was only for a couple of hours and she loved it. I have quite a busy weekend planned with my grandson’s birthday tomorrow and his party on Sunday. So I’m ok for a couple of days after that who knows :woman_shrugging: Take care lovely :blush:
Georgina

1 Like

Hi Lynnie 1
I think the time of year is against us weather wise. Although it looks nice outdoors it’s very cold and the temptation is to stay indoors!

We have (who we thought) were good friends who have not been in contact with me since I broke the news of June’s passing six weeks ago.

Totally agree about the masks and personally mine will be staying on in shops etc. as the covid rate here is still high e.g. some chemists only opening twice daily for two hours.

1 Like

Yes I will be wearing mask too. When I go shopping it’s very difficult as I know so many people locally. I was a mobile hairdresser for over 45 years and now I run a cake making business so everyone seems to know me. Chris was a keen cyclist and even now people stop me to ask where he is as they haven’t seen him out on his bike which is always upsetting.
Hopefully when the weather brightens up we will get out more even if it’s only to do a bit a gardening but I’m sure it’ll be better than be stuck indoors alone.

2 Likes

Perfect Kate. That says it all xx

2 Likes

Thank you georgie. .
Am going out to look for a new rug today and
am going for lunch tomorrow with a friend. So the next couple of days I have plans it’s hard and I sm pushing myself but I know I need to get out if the house. Xxx

1 Like

Hi Lynnie1
I found the counselling extremely helpful and would certainly recommend it

That’s good that you have a few things on over the next couple of days xx

Thank you. I will try and pluck up courage to contact somebody.

Hi Lynnie1
Please do, they are used to helping people in our position and everything is confidential, so I’m sure they will be able to help, cost nothing to try, take care x

1 Like

Thank you Tonyo

Good for you Caz. Ive been busy over the weekend with my grandchildren’s birthday party and today tore myself off the sofa and went for a swim. I’ve taken to volunteering at the local community hub and food bank. It helps me as much as I help them by getting up getting myself ready and helping people less fortunate. The ladies there are a funny bunch and although it’s only a couple of hours, twice a week it’s something else to focus on. The time indoors by myself hangs heavy and although I like an afternoon on the sofa watching crap TV too much can be depressing and my mind goes back to that awful night last Easter when I lost John.

Just let’s take each day at a time. Yes there are going to be difficult days and some better. I had a tough couple of days last week and my friend came to the rescue and we’re going down to the South Coast for a couple of days next week. I’ve learnt we cannot always rely on others to help us although it’s a good idea to reach out of you really need it.

All the best
Georgina x

1 Like