I feel so vulnerable

I have 3 boys I didn’t have any children with my partner but we were together for 20 years x

3 boys that’s nice. I was married to my wife for 20 years. As you said earlier its too soon to be losing our loved ones.

Lee it’s all such a shock a bloody big shock for you your mind will be everywhere, but try stay positive stay strong and never be afraid to reach out and remember it’s good to talk x

Alex
Thanks. I practically invented positive mental attitude it’s how I rebuilt my life after a brain haemorrhage at the age of 27. But this is different bad things shouldn’t happen to people like my wife. She was so full of love and a joy of life. She was a genuinely kind hearted person. How can she be gone?

I’ll survive but I’ll never know as much love again.which is sad

Oh Lee you’ve been through it how amazing are you to come through what you have. Your a strong man your darling wife will want you to be strong it’s hard to accept the loss I still haven’t and expect my fiance to ring me or just walk through the door. Taken far to you g :broken_heart::broken_heart:

1 Like

Alex Thank you. I can accept bad things happening to me but not my beautiful wife. She didn’t deserve this.

1 Like

I know Lee my heart breaks for you it really does life is not fair at all why does this always happen to good people please remember your not on your own no matter what time day or night there’s always someone on here. Have a little look around at your leisure as there are many chat forums x

Hi Lee Sorry for your loss
I lost my husband 7 weeks ago not to covid 19 the pain is unbearable it was so sudden and not been able to give them the send off they deserve. I will celebrate my husbands life with a celebration of life party when I can. I hope you have people around you to help you through this sad time x

Kum
I’m sorry to hear about your husband and I hope to hold a celebration service for my wife. We gave her the best send off we could in the circumstances. Approximately 80 people chose the time to exercise and lined the route. Have you considered a memorial bench or picnic table? Stay Safe
Lee

my partner die 22/2/2020. I seemed to cope for the 1st few weeks but recently i am struggling i cant bare this life with out him. I miss him constantly and need him so much. We all grieve differently but after being on this site i have found we all go through very similar emotions. I know now the beginning was denial. No one can take your pain you just have to go with it. Here to help if i can x

Karie
I’m sorry for your loss. It’s still very raw. This lock down is preventing us from moving forward. Do you have children still at home?
Lee2

i never had children with my partner. I have two girls from previous relationship all grown up. we are all hurting especially our grandson. I am in two minds about lock down i hide behind it i feel safe at home near to Chip. When i am out anywhere memories flood me and it breaks my heart so part of me is worried about coming out of lock down

Karie
I kind of see where you are coming from. Whenever I leave home I see pubs, restaurants, and other venues that my wife and I had visited, and it’s hard that now she has gone, but when I’m home I’m surrounded by memories of the only person that truly loved me. I miss her but I also miss social contact.
One of those things i’ll never get back and the other I will after the unlock. My wife taught me so much about genuine love for others and I hope to be more like her.

1 Like

your wife sounds amazing. I think im scared i am trying to avoid the pain of knowing i will never visit these places again with Chip and i feel bad he wont be there. I have my girls home with me but i am so lonely because all i want is chip so people dont fill that void not for me anyway. However the occasional distraction does help x

Hi Karie
Sorry about your husband I lost mine on 21st March 7 weeks ago I’m 58 we had been together 35 years I have a son 26 and daughter 24 my son is at home. My husband illness was very quick never really had time to come to terms with it. I know how hard it is especially in these circumstances. If I go for a walk everything reminds me of him shopping I go to buy his favourite cakes etc. I can’t face doing anything without him. If you need to talk message me we all know the pain your going through x

Thank you so much Kim. sorry to hear you lost your darling husband x

Karie
After i had my brain heamorrhage i used to get depressed about all of the things that i could no longer do. Then one day i realised that the problem was my mental attitude and that i needed to find new things that i had never done before and find a way to do those things. That moment was an epiphany and it turned my life around. I guess that we are going to have to reach a similar point. The difference is that now the world seems more lonely and less worth the effort. Yes i think that my wife was amazing. Tell me about Chip, what attracted him to you?

Chip was brilliant yes he had faults but dont we all. we had ups and downs but no matter what we got through them. When i 1st saw chip i loved the way he looked but most of all his Witt his sense of humour and intelligence shone through. He loves me like no one has ever loved me and made me feel good about myself x

Karie
I liked your description of Chip it sounds like he was a genuine nice guy. Why do all these beautiful people die so young? Just said bye to my son as he’s driving home to Scotland so now I’m all alone. X