I have nobody

My wife died 3 months. Since she died Ive spent most of my time laying on the couch with my quilt crying and wondering what I do next. I think a lot about taking my life to join my beautiful Judy.

I have no friends or family. Nobody comes here or phones. There does not seem to be any support locally. My gp knows about me and I how I’m feeling but there is nothing out there.

I was Judy’s carer for 21 years. I saw her go through a lot of suffering. But she loved life and living. I can’t accept she is gone. Everyday is hell, I don’t see much reason to live. I don’t know how long I can take this.

Thank you.

9 Likes

So sorry Ronnie for your sad loss of your wife Judy. I know want you are going though my hubby Jim died in August I spend most of my time in bed to keep warm crying I to have no family or friends that want to keep coming round. Life can be very lonely when on your own. All we have now are our memories but is that enough I wish for my old life back and I bet you do as well I got bereavement counselling soon can you get any I know there’s a waiting list so sign up it might help.

3 Likes

So sorry for the loss of your wife . I have just joined this group and it is helping a little talking to people who know how we feel x

There is no bereavement counciling where I live. There is nothing here. I feel im just waiting to die. I have no interest in anything, I have no encouragement to get on with my life. I have nobody left who cares about me. I feel so old and alone. I’m just waiting to die.

3 Likes

Dear Ronnie2

Welcome to the Sue Ryder forum, I’m so glad you found the courage to reach out. There are many people on here who know how you feel and the support from them is invaluable.
I was so sorry to hear of the loss of your wife Judy. As you were her carer for so many years the fact you are now alone must be devastating. Life seems so empty without that special person to care for.
Please keep writing on here, and do sign up for the bereavement counselling. The Samaritans are also good to contact; see the contact details below.

• Samaritans - phone number 116123 - for someone to talk to
    Shout - text service 85258 - for anyone who is struggling to cope
    CruseBereavement - helpline on 0808 808 1677
    I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Miche24

Hi Ronnie,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your wife. It sounds as though things are very tough and you are feeling really overwhelmed.

It sounds like you’re looking for support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. There are lots of other support options out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

You deserve care and support so please do get in touch with one of these services.

Take care,

Michelle

1 Like

There is no counciling - there is nothing here. Just antidepressants and my quilt for comfort.

Thank you for that but I’ve already done what you have mentioned - there is no support here. I live in Bootle just outside of Liverpool.

Dear Ronnie

I’m sorry you feel there is no-one to turn to. However, the contacts I sent are there for you to call. There is a waiting list on the Sue Ryder Bereavement line but make the call and they will make sure you get the help you need. All of these calls are free, and if you do have trouble let us know. Thinking of you.

best wishes

Miche24

As I have said those organisations have already been contacted. They have not helped. I am still isolated here, with no visitors or phone calls. Phoning the samaritans may be help in the short term but they cannot offer any real help or support. I am alone and isolated.

2 Likes

Please try on here there is always someone to talk to . My husband died four month ago he was 59 we had been together since we were 16. It is so hard but people on here understand how you feel.

1 Like

Judy was 59 =it was her 60th last week. I don’t k ow what to do. I have no one.

My husband died in September he would of been 60 in December . I just keep thinking what would he be telling me to do .

I was Judy’s carer, she had a stroke when she was 35, I looked after her, she relied on me for everything. I’m so lost now. I genuinely feel I’ve nothing to stay here for. There is nothing out there.

I know it is so hard but we have to try and go on for there memory. You must be a very careering person to have looked after her for so long and I’m sure she wouldn’t want you to feel as low as you are . I know my husband would want me to carry on without him .

I have no reason to carry on. I’m so alone now. I’ve nothing to do or no where to go. I just want to die now and be with Judy again.

1 Like

I know how you feel but I don’t think that is the answer. I talk to my hubby all the time I ask him to send me a robin and not long after there is a robin in the garden I ask him to play a song on radio and a song comes on we’re the words are beautiful . I believe they are still with us and want us to make the best of our life without them.

They will always be a part of us and there is so many memories good and bad to keep us going for however long it is .

I don’t get no signs. Everything ended when Judy died. It’s just so sad and lonely here now. All our plans have gone. My life went with Judy. I’ve got no one

@Ronnie2 hi Ronnie I’m so very sorry you lost Judy and are going through this heartbreak. But please reach out and get help. You can get counselling with sue ryder over the phone. I lost my partner in April 2021 and I have no one apart from my pets and some friends I made on here. I’m very isolated but this community is very caring and has helped me. Also the friends I have made on here are very supportive and understand. So please keep posting and talking to people it does help a little. We all understand your pain and how you are feeling. I have been there myself when I have had thoughts of giving up,but I keep going for my lost love its all I can do for her now. No one can ever take away the love we shared with them or our memories and we carry them with us in our hearts minds and thoughts always. Take care and stay safe

1 Like