I have nobody

Thank you, I don’t know what to say. I wish someone would knock on my door and ask how I am.

1 Like

@Ronnie2

I am so sorry to hear you feel like this and wish I couldn’t relate to your posts but unfortunately I do.

Unlike you my loss was my mum who I shared a home with and cared for but I would just love for one person to knock on the door or give me a phone just so I wasn’t sitting here on my own day/night after day/night.

I have applied numerous places for counselling of some sort but so far no replies and doctor got a mental health nurse to phone me once and they did but then said if I thought I needed any more to get back onto my dr…waste of time as too busy.

I literally can’t cope anymore as nothing seems worth it.

Sorry for not being able to cheer you up,

Take care

Suzanne x

3 Likes

Just to say well done on the challenge to the bedroom tax which helped many.
You sound like a man who cares deeply and has a lot to offer.
I am so truly sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Thank you. We were both very politically active, we tried our best to help with form filling for others and supporting people with the bed tax - we were part of the anti-bedtax movement right from the beginning. All seems a long time ago now.

3 Likes

I SO AGREE WITH OUR NEW FACELESS TOUCHLESS VOICELESS SOCIETY.

A CRIME.

1 Like

Hi Suzanne, thank you for your message. So many of us in the same situation all looking for exactly the same thing but all of us so far away from each other. It so very sad.

3 Likes

My hope for you, is that in the future that you may be able to reharness some of that energy. Take care.

2 Likes

Tha k you but if I’m honest, Judy was the reason for everything.

2 Likes

I am in the same boat, Ronnie but I was an only child caring my mom and dad. now they are gone. I was a journalist lost my job sold their home thinking I would start a new life … nothing worked out. I barely have new work and have to lobby for it all of the time. I might be able to meet someone one day … maybe. if it were not for two friends, I would have no one. I can hardly afford therapy. had to stop.

this world is increasingly harder for the small people. not all our fault. people including my relatives both look down on me and pity me. it has been a real fall for a former professional. I write samaritans and live on hope … and try to drive myself. but my reality is very hard to face … too.

so many of us are hurting like you. gee … if you are only a few years into grief that is still quite new. I think about suicide but I could hardly do it. a gruesome and difficult act. therefore, anything you can do to keep going is the only option.

I do too little now being on my own. sad. but I have to keep trying. have to.

3 Likes

Thank you Berit. Your story is very sad. I have no profession,- I was just a bus driver. I know eventually I will go back to that job. Suicide does seem an easy option at the minute. I’m just waiting to see how the next few weeks pan out. If this doesn’t get better I’m gone.

Hi Ronnie just try a minute at a time and they turn in to hours . Think of the good things you and your beautiful wife achieved . Thinking of you please take care .x

2 Likes

if you go back to work, you will feel better interacting.

Liverpool bus drivers don’t get treated that nicely I’m afraid. It’s not a job I look forward to do agaon - I don’t even know if I would be allowed to drive a bus again with suicidal thoughts. But another job would be better but I don’t think there are many jobs that pay a livable wage. But let’s see what happens.

I try but I’m still hurting and feeling so desperately sad.

1 Like

I have been thinking of you and the people who have contributed to this post throughout the day.
Both heartbreaking and affirming in different ways.
Wishing us all some peace.

5 Likes

It’s been a weird one, hasn’t it. So many people in similar situations _ if only we could all get together and have a massive hug. Xxx

5 Likes

hey in this reply you sound better already you mentioned the future

Ronnie
have you tried calling the citizens advice or age concern they help you with all the foms for benifits you can claim i know you say you are isolated with nothing there but there is people who will help you get the benefits you need i know it takes a while to get them and hard to understand but with help you can get what you need everything is done by phone these days thats what makes it harder

you should also have a local council office probably be situated in liverpool and they can help too and you could also think about moving to somwhere wheres theres places you can get to meet people

if i was nearer i would help you sort something out myself but i am miles away

take care pat

1 Like

I’m so sorry, Ronnie, to hear of your wife’s passing and also, how you are feeling.
I share the awful pain and sadness with you, especially for those of us that are on our own too after a loved one dies. I lost my mum on 27th Dec. My Dad died 15 years ago this coming March and I’ve been caring for mum completely during the last two years. We have always lived together as I never married and am an only child, as was my mum. My Dads family are all gone, so, there’s me left now. I’m lucky that I do have a small bunch of friends who check in with me via email and my life saver, my two little dogs both of whom are suffering too as they miss and look for their mum daily. It’s heartbreaking to see.
So, I have to take them from walks and I promised mum that I would be ok and me and the dogs would take care of each other. Easy said Ronnie but I promised her and so, somehow, I have to try but the pain is unbearable and I can’t begin to think of my life without my lovely mum here with me. Nothing anyone can say helps and I’m sure that’s so true for others too.
I do hope that in time, you will somehow feel you can take care of yourself again. I’ve no words of how to start as I’m in the same place but my heart goes out to you and at the very least I hope very much that it helps just a tiny bit to know that others who don’t know you do care and are willing you along. X

5 Likes

Dear All

As a Sue Ryder volunteer I can only say what wonderful caring people you are on here. I’m not grieving as so many of you are, but my heart has been filled with the messages of love, hope and humanity you have shown Ronnie2. I hope you feel that at least people care about YOU Ronnie, even if we can’t take your pain away.
Sending love to everyone,

Miche24

7 Likes