I just want my Mum back

Ah your work would be really difficult at the moment by the sounds of it. I was signed off for the first 3 weeks. I tried to go back to work at first to keep my mind busy but like you I found everything pointless including work. I’m working again now but work from home so I’m still avoiding the team calls as I can’t bear them carrying on as tho nothings happened & not mentioning it. I know to them nothing has happened but to me… well you understand! I’m right down on the south coast near Eastbourne so a long way from you unfortunately otherwise I would hv loved to have met up. Always happy to listen anytime you’re feeling low, or share happy memories of our mums x

1 Like

Bless you :heart: I remember what a comfort my Dad’s ashes were to me so I understand what it likes having them there with you xx

1 Like

Ahh thanks xx

Things will never return to the normality you once had, you’re husband must understand how devastating this is for you. Luckily i have a great support network with my family and some friends, others don’t get why I’m soo broken, I was a daddy’s girl and losing him was devastating but losing my mum, my best friend weeks later floored me I don’t think I’ll ever be the same person I was before x

3 Likes

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, the loss of a parent is absolutely devastating . I am also a nurse and understand how you feel being on the other side of grief, I mainly care for palliative patients so support other families on their journey of loss but it’s so different when it’s your own. My mum passed away from lung cancer unexpectedly 5 weeks ago after a short time in hospital and I am also struggling to come to terms with my loss.
I am sure your mum would want you to live your life to the fullest, life is so very short :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you. I’m sorry for your loss as well. I have to say nurses are hero’s especially palliative care, it makes a whole lot of difference to the families of the ones who pass xx

1 Like

@ColdWaterMermaid the only thing that keeps me going is that I know when my time comes my mum and dad will be waiting for me on the other side. I was also with my mum when she passed, they’re were no goodbyes as she was in and out of consciousness but I believe that both her and my dad heard us all telling them how much we loved them and we were there holding their hands as they passed. Sending live xx

1 Like

Hi @Loveyoutoo
I am so sorry to read about your loss of your lovely mum. I can relate to you so much as i am a paramedic, i also now work in a gp surgery, i deal with eol patients but nothing could have prepared me for my mum dying. She died 7 months ago. She was fit and well and literally died at home, we found her collapsed at the top of the stairs. Its been so traumatic. I know you feel bad for telling your mum you would go with her but dont beat yourself up, you told her what she needed to hear. I really wish i could have spoke to my mum or just to have been there with her. It makes me feel devastated that she died on her own. If you want to chat please message me