I lost my partner in December

@Deb5 yes I know what you mean about just missing being part of a couple. I feel like I don’t fit in anywhere. I don’t actually want to fit in anywhere, I just want him back . I know it’s impossible but as time goes on I miss him more not less . I’m just not adapting to this solitary life .
I just hope the house is ready soon :crossed_fingers: should be . I’m getting his ashes then so I can take him “ home” . I think this will help me come to terms with this new life I don’t want. I hope you are doing ok xxx

2 Likes

Oh my sentiments entirely ! Was never anxious about hardly anything :frowning: and people dont really wanna know when youre a widow do they ? And ofcourse its cos you are suddenly alone doing everything yourself :frowning: i think it is anyway xx

1 Like

@Ladysuisei6 I’m exactly the same I’ve gone from a confident person to a wreck who worries about everything :smiling_face_with_tear:x

2 Likes

I know … but eventually you will come to acceptance that hes not coming back … but dont think that you still wont be sad cos you will … you will grieve what you lost and wish he was here for you … its just baby steps. We all do it at different rates and no right or wrong is there … xxxx

1 Like

Can i ask why are you all having a separate conversations on my post when it has nothing to do with what i have wrote in thae first place???

1 Like

I guess it has just progressed from when you were talking ? Your conversation was 27 days ago …

1 Like

I know we are all going through a very tough tume and i am particularly finding life very difficult all i want to do is go to bed at night and not wake up but i was just asking because im getting lots of emails with everyones different conversations that are nothing to do with my post ?

1 Like

@Polarbear7966
I get the same lots of emails it’s frustrating
I’m sorry you’re feeling so low have you any support from family or friends?
I’m very lucky I can call on friends and family if I’m feeling this way… grief takes so many twists and turns…it’s so hard to believe our partners are never going to be there ever again… take a day at a time be kind to yourself… There is lots of support on here

I have no support i have had to deal with this all on my own. I have asked for help but can not get any bereavement counseling for 7 months as there is a waiting list so alone hurting and heartbroken

1 Like

Well some people are new ? And actually i dunno how you start a new topic tbh ? X

Actually if your part of any conversation all the responses come up …i think that’s the point of having “group” chats …

Have you tried contacting MIND they do counselling or ask your GP if anything else available. I found a local grief cafe to attend, which helps everyone is there for different reasons, not all widows. It might be worth asking if anything else is available. It is a lonely journey we are all on, but you will have bad days and then the odd good day. I dont have friends to call they all disappeared. i have joined some lical women’s groups where i meet up for coffee, and we all talk about whatever issue we are having.

I’m so sorry :pensive: it’s not easy trying to get support I’m on the waiting list also… Are you friendly with a neighbour? I would speak to your GP there are local support groups the church offers help… you don’t have to be religious to go… I have a dog he gets me out and I chat to other dog owners… you’d be surprised how many caring people there are out there if you reach out… try not to deal with it alone …

@Vixen
How are you today? It’s such a shock finding them isn’t it… I suffer with anxiety but I don’t want to take anything Dr offers…
One of the other ladies on here mentioned you can be surrounded by family and friends but still feel
Alone that’s so true… it’s 8 months for me now and each night I go to bed I wonder if I will ever wake up… I live for my grandson and kids as best I can… basically going through the motions I don’t even want to look ahead …If I live another 20 years I really don’t know how I will get through them… it’s so lonely :sob:

2 Likes

I know what you are saying here, its only been 4 months for me and i really dont see any purpose any more

1 Like

Hi, I’m new on here. I’ve not posted before, but i feel your pain. Lost the love of my life 4 weeks ago and feel so empty. I don’t know how you’ve coped for 4 months ! So sorry for your loss.

1 Like

@Deb5 yea I have accepted he’s not coming back but it’s so difficult isn’t it . It makes me so anxious when I get the thought in my head that I won’t ever see him again- that’s the hard bit . As for anxiety, well I live with it all the time now .
Did you see your grandson btw ?
I saw mine !! My son and DIL brought him over dads for an hour or so on Weds. he’s adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: he gives me hope there can still be moments of joy xxx

1 Like

@Polarbear7966 i read your original post and it was very general. I think it’s reasonable on a public forum for the conversation to evolve. We are all trying to deal with our grief in the only way we can .

2 Likes

Aw did you thats great ! Yeh i did. I went over last Saturday for 4 hours. It was truly magical to see new life :slight_smile: babys are lovely arent they ? So innocent ! Shes busy with baby but will go over in a week or so to give her some help … she cant drive for 6 weeks cos she has a caesarian …
I know its just hard without their love isnt it … im finding it hard. Its always hard at times like easter , xmas etc - big occasions :frowning: xx

1 Like

I haven’t if im honest it has been a complete nightmare of which i wish i could wake up from and see my partner again. Im so sorry for your loss also i really do know how you are feeling at this time. Im here if you wish to chat x

1 Like