I lost my partner in December

@Ladysuisei6
Thankyou for your kindness
Yes new life certainly brings optimism it’s also a reminder of our loss isn’t it… I’m pleased for you I hope you manage to see as much of the baby as you can x

1 Like

@Ilovehorses
Thank you. I used to walk but got a bit of plantar fasciitis from walking on concrete floors at work, so I can’t walk far without my feet hurting. A few of miles and I’m limping. I keep going though. Plus my Bulldog can’t walk far either ! He’s allergic to all sorts, his airway closes off if I take him in a wood, found that out be accident when he collapsed and I had to use an inhaler on him. Scared to take him very far now, so he’s got a dog pushchair, which I feel stupid pushing. So I gave up.

1 Like

@Ilovehorses well my son is being very selfish at the moment. Since my partner died very suddenly I’ve understandably needed support. I now find out that his wife has told him he’s not allowed to do things for me ( it’s been like this since around November) . I only found out on Saturday though . She told me on the phone that I’ve been too demanding. I’m in shock . This might result in them choosing not to see me , depending on what she decides. I’m sick of it all actually. I would trade in my partner for my son , his wife and the baby if I could . We were so much in love it breaks my heart every day that he’s not here :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:

1 Like

Hi @Ladysuisei6 it’s so hard without our special person. Nobody can understand unless they have been through it. I find it soul destroying. Was with my husband for fifty years and findjng life without him really difficult. Even getting out of bed is a daily struggle.x

1 Like

@Cindy2
Oh my goodness your poor doggie I’ve never heard of dogs being allergic… no wonder your anxious…
It’s hard with pain I think we take things for granted don’t we my legs have been hurting for months now went to the dr they said lack of estrogen but I’m not convinced I get cramp in my toes at night… but I keep walking as best I can… I thought I’d be fit as a fiddle till I was at least 80! 58 and I’m fed up really gets you down we can’t even get comfort from our loved ones now.

@Ladysuisei6
What too demanding! Shocking where has support and empathy gone? … I’m finding the older I get the more I feel I’m a burden to my family… I do see them but less than I would like… even my grandson who was coming three days a week dosent want to stay anymore technology is more important
What a sad world we live in… I’ve started to become a bit more selfish now and think of myself…

1 Like

@Ilovehorses
Just got to get on with it, l don’t want to sit and be miserable. I want to live a little before I’m too old to do it. Some days l could just sit and cry. There’s only 1 person l can depend on and that’s me, so I’ve got to get through it. Take care.

2 Likes

@Cindy2
Yes your right we only have ourselves to push forward I’m so pleased the sun is starting to come out it helps me get motivated

1 Like