I lost my wife

Hi Bob, I know when I felt things were getting a bit easier I felt guilty. Felt as if I had no right to smile again, but could always hear Junes voice saying “it’s ok to smile” Even now nearly 4 years later I can still get get good and bad days but again I hear June’s voice saying come on we’ll get through this. Generally put on music which was our major love might end in tears but now always feel better for it. There is one music video of Scottish band Runrig and it was of their last gig together. I’ve not been able to watch that , couldn’t even go to the concert as June had passed by then and we always went to see them so would have been too much. She was my concert buddy and I have gone to some we’d have gone to but it was difficult. But the Runrig one was just one step too far. I know I’ll need to watch the concert one day but that day isn’t here yet. Still need to go check that song you and your wife had. I’ve found a lot more songs take on a lot more personal meaning now. Take care, and I’ll just go check your song. Ken

Hello Martyn, your feelings are the worst imaginable, my dear lady died in my arms in June 2020, she was 63, we had been together for 47 years, 15 months on I still cry every day, I surround myself with her photos, listen to our music and talk to her every day this helps me. I now have brief happiness with my lovely memories. My best wishes.

1 Like

Hi ivyholla, so sorry for your loss, it’s dreadful, my wife died in April this year, 27 years together I find things are getting worse as time goes by, more tears, more heartache and so lonely without my lady. Just going through the motions really, marking time. Hoping things will improve but can’t see it. Best wishes to you take care.

I won’t say it gets better just different, my thoughts now are of all the joy we shared, all the lovely things, still sad, I’m sure she’s watching over me and she wouldn’t want me to be sad, be strong Martyn you will be okay. Kev

1 Like

Hi all I lost my Darling wife just over a year ago & this year would have been married 25 years she was 51 when we l9st her to Cancer & myself and my 14 year old Daughter struggle with day to day things.
My Daughter has got a horse a Dog & Rabbits so that has been therapy for her.
But I still can’t listen to the radio as I feel guilty.
I miss her so much & just wish she was still here.
Then 12 hours later I get a call to say my Dad has passed away.

1 Like

Oh Geoff, it seems to keep on giving a battering doesn’t it. We had just got my mum sorted in a home after a very difficult few months when my husband went out on a run, collapsed and died. He was 50. This has made his mother extremely ill and she is now incapacitated and in a home. I find listening to music difficult. I just keep on trying to get through each day although I’m not quite sure why as then there is just another day to get through. I understand how hard it is. Sending hugs

3 Likes

It seems this grief is relentless, heartbreaking to see my girls without mum, so not fair, I do listen to our songs but know I’ll end up in a mess, usually in the kitchen where we used to dance and chat and laugh, now it’s me, eventually just sobbing alone, I don’t do one day at a time, I just wake up everyday and exist until the next day, putting a brave face on things, sorry for having nothing positive to say but that’s how it is right now, take care everyone going through this nightmare

3 Likes

It’s OK to be not OK. I lost my wife in March. It was sudden and not expected. I don’t think I’m OK now. 32 years together, 26 years married, we’ve been through all the ups and downs we were virtually one, inseparable. I continue this existence because of our 15 yo daughter. It’s unfair. It’s cruel. But so what. Who is gonna to care?

2 Likes

What a great way of puting it. Not better just different. That is so true. Like you I believe my late wife is watching me and times I do get down/sad she telling me it’ll be ok. Makes me feel better though wish she were here to tell me it in person.

Listened to song, well watched on YouTube as had lyrics on it. Wow that’s a powerful song. Was in tears after a few lines of the song. That’s going to take time till you can listen without filling up, but you know what that’s totally ok. I’m same there is a song which was June and mine, played at her funeral (boy was that hard) . Everytime I hear I end in tears but still play every so often as it was “ours” and although it’s sad it still makes me feel conected to her.
Take care, Ken

2 Likes

Hi Ken, it is a great song, we were married when Cath was 18 and I was 19, together 45 years, she knew the words and the last dance we ever had she whispered in my ear that he wrote it about us. You need to listen to your song, it does help the more you listen to it. Hope you are keeping fine, cheers Bob

2 Likes

I find I need to cry, so I listen to our songs every day ( Songbird by Fleetwood Mac, Tender falls the rain, Randy Crawford ) makes me melt but feel better for it… Kev

Hi mate , that’s a nice song as well, it really does help the more you listen to it. It’s just another way of getting through the day but it never takes away the pain. You live in a nice part of the country I am Scottish but live in Newport, it was good old BR that offered me the job in 89, all the kids are married and have kids so I don’t think I will ever move back. Nice to talk speak again soon , cheers Bob

Hi Bobby, I live in Leicestershire, we bought an holiday home near the sea for my love to spend the remainder of her life, this is what we were going to do when retired, she had a lovely year here before she passed, this is where my last memories are. My regards Kev.

1 Like