I miss my husband so much

I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s always the good ones that go early. I too lost my husband to cardiac arrest. It’s almost two years and it feels like yesterday. I’m going to try the zoom meeting on Friday and see how it goes Sending a hug x

3 Likes

Yeh my husband loved eddie stobbard too !,every time we were on a motorway he spotted them !, his dad was a wagon driver - think that’s why :slight_smile: xx

@Freefaller
Your Pete sounds an amazing man, so thoughtful and insightful. I am sure that aspect was important to you and made you proud, but he was also the man you loved for being him; not just for what he did. You need to be able to grieve for the man he was and all aspects of his personality.
My Richard valued himself for what he could do - the physical work on the farm and his driving tuition - whereas my daughters and I valued him for so much more than that and that is what we have lost and grieve for. There will be another driving instructor and other people can do jobs on the farm but there will never be another ‘Richard.’

Sending you love
Karen xxx

4 Likes

You are so right, to me, he was the wind beneath my wings. Loved me unconditionally in bad times and good. He was my support and put me first always. I will never experience that again and i loved him so much.

3 Likes

Love that … wind beneath my wings :slight_smile: xx

1 Like

Hi Freedomlass,
Was thinking of you today, I hope you managed to work through today for your anniversary. Lots of love. I know I was numb for a few days after mine, probably had cried so much. Take care x

1 Like

Bless you and thank you, I went and collected the flowers this morning and they are beautiful, I also have an old Anniversary card from Barrie a few years ago so I have had that stood next to the flowers, lots of lovely messages from friends and a visit from my daughter, yes there were still tears, but I also believe I had a sign from him, the local Salon we both used to go to holds the odd raffles which we both used to do, and if possible we would choose the same numbers if nobody had got them before us, well I was a day late but there were still numbers to be had, my numbers had gone but 1 in particular of Barries, no. 29 which he always used was available so of course I had to have that, when it was drawn at the weekend it won, so to me that was his anniversary gift to me, he would give the prizes anyway if he ever won, it was such a lovely surprise, I think it was the closest I have felt him since he went…just one more day to get through now, the big one, and I know I will be having that day on repeat in my head all day.

5 Likes