I missed you quietly today..

“I missed you quietly today. So quietly that no one noticed.
I missed you as I climbed out of bed and as I brushed my teeth; when I waited at the lights on the drive into work and as I heard the rain outside my window.
I missed you as I ordered lunch and as I kicked off my shoes when I got home; as I switched off the lights and climbed into bed for the night.
I missed you without tears or noise or fanfare.
But oh how I felt it.
I felt it in the morning, at lunchtime, in the evening and at night. I felt it as I woke, as I waited, as I worked. I felt it at home, on the road, in the light, in the dark, in the rain.
I felt it in every one of those moments, each one sitting heavier and heavier as the weight of me missing you kept growing and growing.
Yes, I missed you so quietly today.
But I felt it so loudly.”

Becky Hemsley 2024

35 Likes

Thats lovely paul and so very true

2 Likes

How lovely and how true.
I miss my husband constanly so this really resonates with me.
Thankyou
X

1 Like

How true xx

1 Like

I just wanted to say what lovely words, I can relate to every one :heart:

2 Likes

Its what all of us are feeling and only people who have gone through what were all going through understands

5 Likes

Fully agree @Debrat

1 Like

It’s true if you’re griefing for the loss. But what if your griefing for loss and for deceit at the same time. It’s really hard as my emotions are so mixed up. To the point that i dont know how im suppose to feel. People tell me you need to seperate the loss from the deceit , in order to process it. But i dont know how ? How can you love someone but hate them as well! :cry:

1 Like

Lovely words

1 Like

I too have that feeling every day since my wife passed away.I miss the sharing of the days events and the silly moments.I miss the conversations and laughter.Life feels so much emptier now without her, it’s like life just carries on around me but things feel different for me now and I don’t feel quite so connected to that life because when my wife passed away she took my soul with her to hold until we meet again.

9 Likes

Such lovely words and can totally relate to how you are feeling. The sense of loss and missing doesnt I find get any easier too.

4 Likes

Your words Paul, so heartfelt and true. Made me cry - thank you for being brave and telling it how it is x

@Jazpur not my words, I just saw them and resonated with them and thought others would too x

1 Like

Such lovely words Paul, and all so true.
Its how I feel every single word.
I lost my husband to pancreatic cancer last November. I miss him so much

3 Likes

That’s me gone !!

2 Likes

Hi @Gillyflower

Beautiful isn’t it, and so true

1 Like

You have captured my thoughts. So nice to hear someone say what i feel. It was lovely thank you for sharing

2 Likes

Hi @Sandra10

Welcome to the club nobody wants to belong to.
We are all here for each other to listen and support

3 Likes

Could not have put it better brother. I am suffering with you as so many are. I firmly believe that we will meet again our loved ones. Bruce.

3 Likes

Thank you. I does help

2 Likes