In the garden

My lovely man and our granddaughter eating raw brocolli from the veg patch in days gone by.

5 Likes

They look good.

I have leggy tomato seedlings my husband had sown before he died.
Still got to transplant them.

1 Like

That is such a lovely photo :heart:x

1 Like

Our gardens do seem to be a reason to keep going. To get them back to looking cared for and loved again. Just got to wait for the weather.
Lovely photo

1 Like

Hi Debbie, was browsing thru the posts and read your post about gardens.
Your garden pics look amazing, i don,t have a garden now since moved into a flat 3rd floor.
I would be sitting in garden for hours if i had a garden as beautiful and it looks so calming. I love it !!!
Statue is a lovely touch aswel.

Hugs x
Col

2 Likes

Thank you, I do spend hour’s sitting in it, in the summer months. It was my husbands favourite place to be and I do have a few of his ashes scattered there. It is alot of hard work keeping it looking that way but worth it for him.
Debbie x

2 Likes

Hi Debbie, how are you doing?
I love gardening and used to work for local council as a landscape gardener.
As i said it looks beautiful and you have , and are doing a great job to make looking that good.
Hugs x

1 Like

Just having another look at your photos.
Wonderful borders. I haven’t quite got the ability to layer borders.

1 Like

Thankyou Rose. I’m afraid they dont look like that now, they’re ok from a distance, I’ll try and tidy them but I’m finding it very hard this year. Im finding everthing hard this year. X

2 Likes

Yes, this is such a different and difficult year this year.
Little did we know, just as well as we could still enjoy the time together last summer.

I wrote my letter last night, which wasn’t quite so sad as the one the night before.
I was able to write about a memory of a lovely day we had many years ago.

Sun is forecast for here and I have something I must do, so that’s a bit of a plan.

How about you?

Love,

Rose x

1 Like

It’s OK from a distance is always my refrain about my garden! I am determined not to look too closely at the jungly bits but just keep working away gradually. Lawn care is a whole new challenge for me…that was always Neil’s territory. Quite proud of myself for eventually getting the ride on lawn mower started the other day!

3 Likes

Well done, see what we can do when we have to.
My lawn’s not big enough for a ride on and as long as its short and green I’m happy.
Little abd often is best for the rest, and dustance is good :wink:

Happy gardening
Take care

1 Like

I probably shouldn’t use the word lawn!. It’s mostly moss, mud and weeds plus all different sorts of coarse grass. But it’s a good space for the grandchildren to play when they visit and so long as I don’t look too closely it’s a reasonable foil for the azealeas.

3 Likes

Wow!:heart: That looks like big garden, as you say good for grandchildren to run around.

No grass in our garden.

![IMG_0809|212x500](upload://ro0eu2AQPZy5PHxIW3Cr

Outside one of the windows x

2 Likes

Beautiful xx

1 Like

I love wisteria. Tried one here and all it ever did was produce masses of leaves!

1 Like

2 Likes

That’s lovely. Lifts the spirits.
Looks as if you’ve got cosmos flowering already. That seems very early to me! You must be in a sheltered spot.
I’m not attempting veg or annuals this year, just got to get on top of the mess that comes from two years of neglect while I was focusing on looking after Neil and he couldn’t get stuck in like he used to.
It’s daunting but being in the garden is the nearest I get to feeling like myself again. Easier than facing up to people and horrid admin tasks.

1 Like