Is this as good as it gets

Yes exactly we are all doing the same thing and that is just going through the motion on auto pilot.The days blend into each other and mostly in a blur.My loneliness overwhelms me .Michael x

1 Like

Morning,my Grandson has paid me a great compliment saying that I taught him so much and thanked me for being his Grandad ,it brought me to tears ,he adored his Nan ,my beautiful wife Judith from the moment he was born.He misses her as much as I do.He even spoke about her at her funeral which I thought was so brave of him.Much love to you all Michael x

3 Likes

Michael you will be so proud a fantastic grandson just like his nan and grandad lv annie x

2 Likes

That’s wonderful for you - you have to help your grandson get through this terrible sense of loss and in doing that it will help you too - it’s nine months today since my husband died and I didn’t think I would be able to carry on without him and I really didn’t want to do but you take it one day at a time and just hope that life will be bearable- it’s tough isn’t it but what choice do we have - my daughters and my grandchildren care about me and I am grateful for that - keep going you are not alone x

It’s so lovely that you have your family around you, it’s what keeps me going too, children can remember such profound memories!! thinking of everyone on such a gloomy day xx

1 Like

We are so lucky sanbay I have 2marvelous children and my granddaughter without them I would be lost and I’m very lucky to have a daughter in law and son in-law who care for me and a wonderful sister and neighbours lv annie x x

2 Likes

I am proud of him,he is fantastic.Thank you Annie.Nice bright day but it does not make up for our loss does it.I think about Judith every minute of everyday .I just cannot imagine my life without her ,that is what hurts so much.Jusy look at her lovely smile in that photo ,it just melts me everytime. Michael x

1 Like

Your more than welcome he takes after his grandad and nan two wonderful people Michael I hope I make my granddaughter proud lv annie x x

2 Likes

Thank you Annie. Love to you Michael x

Evening all how’s everyone got through there day I’m looking after my daughters dog been walking today now home and it’s all so real no one to talk to just how do we cope with this with our best halves gone feel that I will go crazy xx

4 Likes

It has helped that the sun is shining, I look after my grandson Thursday and Friday morning which is a welcome distraction although tiring, and I popped up to my husbands grave to put some sprigs of prickly greenery from the garden as the deer ate my last flowers from Saturday hopefully these will last longer, it’s great that you have your daughters dog to take out, sometimes you need a little push to get out of the house particularly when it’s so cold, you’re right it is lonely coming back though, takes a bit of getting used to but lovely to have this forum with people who understand xx

1 Like

It really does help when the sun is shining - it went really cold as soon as it went down - I cleaned my reachable windows and left the rest - I have to force myself because I don’t feel like doing much but it has to be done - it must be hard to come home to an empty house - I have a dog so he always give me a great welcome - he is so happy to see me - it is nine months to day since my husband died - I still find it hard to say “died” or even text the word but I do it because he did and I have to accept it even this time last year i had no clue that it would happen - keep going girls/boys we can carry on.

2 Likes

Thanks all fit reply it is so very hard 8 months today yes it is hard to say the word hope you all sleep xx

1 Like

Morning Rose,got through yesterday ,my good friend came to see me in the afternoon which helped me.The evening was spent alone and I went to bed at 600pm ,no point in staying up ,I feel safer in my room with tv on.Such a lonely worthless life now.Could not sleep,tossed and turned all night.So much going round in my head.Cannot stop thinking about Judith ,will be 16 weeks on Monday.Really do not know how I have gotten through that time.I am miserable most of the time,hating being here. Michael x

2 Likes

Morning another day for us to get through glad friend came to see you shame not more do having people around does help a little just makes you feel they care not many understand or want to do they it is a lonely life I do have family they call and help me feel a purpose I guess but it’s tough when our life has been with out loved one never known life and different so it’s horrible having to fill the day with things you don’t want to isn’t it day by day seems to be the saying I don’t like it hope you can get out for a while and have some one speak to you take care xx

1 Like

Hello Michael,
Good that you had your friend round- I find that time with friends or family is really helpful in lifting my mood and distracting my thoughts.
It’s 7 months now since my partner Sunny died and I don’t really know how I’ve got through it so far, but I have. At 4 months I had the Sue Ryder counselling assessment, followed by 6 sessions of counselling, which although I didn’t think it would be, has been really helpful. Id never had counselling before and didn’t know what to expect. My counsellor got to know me and she was brilliant at helping me with my great distress and to start moving forward with my thoughts and feelings. Please do take good care of yourself by considering it. Some form of daily exercise is also really important in lifting our mood and helping us get a better night’s sleep.
Wishing you a good day today :yellow_heart:
Sophie

2 Likes

Yes I am very lucky to have 2 such good friends who have helped me through this terrible time.I do not know where I would have been without them. My best to you all today Michael x

1 Like

Mab if it helps you have a little sleep don’t worry about it I have a whiskey some night anything to have a little sleep lv annie x

2 Likes

Today the coroner phoned me and they have traced Allans daughters and mother finally, that is v good as now they all know but he died in November so now they will organise funeral, I am just hoping they contact me, have passed on all my contact details that I would really like to be in touch with them, that have cleared his house and bought all personal things to my home, in a way I am v relieved they have been found and they all know, but also I am not now next of kin and they are going to organise funeral so I’m really hoping they want to be in touch with me

2 Likes

Your post sounds just like I have wrote it myself. I also joined a walking group and felt like an alien. Whenever I go out I put on a brave face then collapse into a heap the moment I go home. Just over a year since I lost my wonderful husband. I feel worse now another year has begun. Not knowing what the future holds. Every day is the same. It is hard to do things on your own. I find I am better trying to meet new people than mixing with people that knew him. They don’t treat me the same. I want o feel normal again. Not someone they pitty. I want to laugh again. When will this end if ever. I miss him every second of every day. Love to you and hopecwe all get through this .

7 Likes