Is true love only once?

Absolutely :sparkling_heart::pray:

2 Likes

Mungo
Iā€™ll leave it there, lots of :sparkling_heart: and :pray: Martin xx

1 Like

Broken 2222
Your True feelings are perfec we only love once :sparkling_heart::pray: Martin xx

1 Like

Hi yes I was so lucky to have had all that love .I will always love my hubby and my heart belongs to him. Even though itā€™s shattered into pieces . While typing this truly madly deeply is playing on radio the words are so true . Hope you ok and managed to eat something through the day x take carex

1 Like

a year passed since I lost my soulmate for 32 years; my first love, childhood sweetheart; after so many years we still have never boring conversations and we have a mature and lovely teenage daughter. In short everything was perfect; her sudden departure put an end to all these and all that I had indeed. Now one year on still every bit of me still refuse to accept sheā€™s gone. I donā€™t really know how to go on at the age of 50ā€¦

3 Likes

Hi Shiela
i feel the same i think it is not fair for the other person who you would move on with as as you say always be second best and always be compared by the one one you loved and always will love the most
my mom was on her own for over 20 years never had another man in her life
i dont think i could cope with someone else after being so long with patrick would be always compaiering everything not fair on either of you rather stay on my own but everyone is different and if some can find someone else and be happy good luck to them

all the best
pat

2 Likes

Although I never wanted to date again and was more then happy to remain single and just wait for my time to run out, I guess fate had other ideasā€¦ I definitely couldnā€™t have dated anyone that wasnā€™t a widow, but meeting a lovely women on here we both understand how each other feels and we often talk about our lost lovesā€¦ Everyone is different, some believe it to be disloyal to re-date after their loss, some are simply stuck in that deep dark pit and have given upā€¦ There really is no right or wrong way to go after a loss in the end we can only follow our hearts.
For those who wish to stay alone and wait to be reunited if thatā€™s their belief then good luck to them, I hope they find some form of happiness while they carry on with lifeā€¦ And for those who do manage to find love again it isnā€™t better or worse then the relationship youā€™ve been torn from itā€™s just different.
I hope everyone finds pockets of happiness along the way to we finally leave this world.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s how I feel Lostinlimbo and like you I feel that if love finds me I will go with the flow. Iā€™m not actively looking for a companion but if one finds me Iā€™m not going to spend the rest of my life feeling lonely.
I do think that itā€™s better for a newly formed couple to be able to talk about their loved ones, my husband is always on my mind and in my heart and I would find it very difficult to keep him out of any conversation. He may not be physically alive but he is definitely alive in my heart.
Your words have given me comfort, thank you.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s an aspect that worries me a bit, Iā€™m not sure how my daughters and the rest of my family would react if love found me again.
My husband was so very loved by all of us. A new companion in my life would present a difficulty that needs love and understanding thatā€™s for sure.
:two_hearts:

1 Like

Devon guy.
I totally disagree that we only love once. When I was17 I fell in love with an Italian guy and we had a relationship for two years. Then it ended and my heart was so broken that I held his memory for years and to this day still have his photo.
Then suddenly I met my darling husband who was totally different and I fell in love again.
It was a totally different kind of love but we had 34 years together until he died nearly 4 years ago.
We never know what will happen in life and in love but we need to know that a new love will never be a replacement. But you CAN love more than once.

4 Likes

Beautifully put!

I believe in multiple chances in life, love. Never restricted to one in life

Be safe xx

3 Likes

Totally agree. Where other family is involved and young too or even adults, then they must be respected at all costs.

My forte in life

X

1 Like

I believe you can find love again.
I have found it on here, not expecting it at all, but have connected with someone special .
I really didnā€™t believe it when I lost my husband two years ago, I wanted to go to sleep and never wake up, thought my life was over, never felt so much pain in my life.
Iā€™ve posted on here so many times over the past two years, sharing feelings of devastating heartbreak, connected with people in the same boat. This forum is amazing how we can talk about how weā€™re feeling and knowing that others will understand.
I just wanted to say that after all the pain and heartbreak and just wanting to die, you can find happiness again, I didnā€™t think I would, it was the last thing on my mind, but we never know what can happen. There is hope out there, I know some will completely disagree, everyoneā€™s different, I wouldā€™ve disagreed a while ago, but now I believe in fate, Iā€™m still here, do I want to just sit and just look at four walls waiting for my time, or choose a reason to be happy again?
Iā€™m 53, so I feel I want to live again, I will never forget my amazing husband, he is with me in my heart forever, no one can ever replace him, we just can find a different love with someone else.
There is hope in the deep painful darkness, I know it doesnā€™t feel like it, but we never know whatā€™s round the corner. Xxx

5 Likes

Iā€™m so pleased for you, and long may you be happy.

One doesnā€™t or shouldnā€™t look for love as it can be disastrousā€¦ itā€™ll find the personā€™s heart and hopefully be true.

Enjoy your life, your new love and be happy.

Something is in line for myself hopefully, but shall see. I didnā€™t look as itā€™s still early, but someone is looking for me. I shall see am not chasing.

Be safe and enjoy

Steve xx

2 Likes

Hi Steve,
Thank you for your lovely reply.
There is light at the end of the long dark tunnel.
Hope whatever comes your way brings you some happiness, god knows we all need that.
As you say we donā€™t go looking, it finds us
Take care
Steph xx

2 Likes

Thank you Sheila for your kind words.
I really appreciate it.
You are right, we need to live our life we want to live, we all know lifeā€™s too short.
Hope you are keeping well.
Lots of love
Steph x

3 Likes

@Stephtim hi steph I just want to say Iā€™m happy for you both that you have found love and happiness again. You are both such lovely people and deserve to be happy. I wish you both all the best and may you have many happy wonderful years together. Sending you both love and hugs xxx

4 Likes

Thankyou Casey, youā€™re a very special woman full of love and compassion. Would be lovely for us to come visit you and take you out, it is people like you that make this site what it is, your kindness and comments making a difference on peopleā€™s lives.
Lee xx

3 Likes

Hi Steph
glad you have both found happiness again and hope you have a happy loving future together as everyone else has said life is too short to stay alone good luck to you both

pat

3 Likes

Hi Casey,
Thank you so much for your lovely message, it really means a lot .
And what Lee said, will be nice to meet up and weā€™ll all go out with your lovely dogs .
You take care
Sending lots of love
Steph xx

2 Likes