It can all turn out ok.

I also talk to my husband. He must be fed up of that now! I started a diary just after he died. I tell him what ive done, how I feel, but also use it to try and resolve problems - a bit like having him here. It may sound daft, but it helps me.

3 Likes

It doesnt sound daft to me. I’m doing the same and I think it helps. It seems to keep the connection there. I shall do it forever now.

4 Likes

I relate to this. I tell my partner off for leaving me. I think he suffered from mild depression when he suddenly died of a stroke. He has now left me with depression and all alone.

3 Likes

Hi @flowergarden I’m also suffering with depression. It is horrible. But even if I didn’t have depression I would still be really sad and alone with my thoughts. I’ve got to get out of this depressive period and hopefully start to see some light at the end of the tunnel.x

2 Likes

Hi all,
I’ve taken to having breakfast at Costa twice a week, as a treat, & the Costa I go to has been playing a song a number of times I’ve been there, the song is “only way is up” by Vicki Vox, I love that song, in the chorus she sings:

"Before the dawn it’s always dark,
Before the light there is a tunnel,
Before you run you gotta stumble,

When you fall in love but it don’t work out,
When you’ve cried at least a hundred times,
When you feel so stuck but you can’t get out just remember,
There will come a day when it all works out, & you didn’t even have to try,
You will find a way if you hold on now & remember,
That the only way is up from here,"

5 Likes

I’ve just listened to this. Its beautiful and so inspiring. Its not my usual taste in music, I’m a die hard country fan. But this. I will be downloading it.
Thankyou for sharing

1 Like

The words are so good. I am now waiting for that moment when ‘the only way is up’

3 Likes