it never gets any better

Hi Tony
Yes if you are feeling strong go for that holiday and we here want to know all about it……
Sending big hug
Xx

1 Like

Thanks Bess :rose:

1 Like

l can’t watch the programmes my hubby always watched. l go to bed early about 4pm, stay there till 5am, dont wash or dress, live in my nightie, whats the point no-one visits, shower sometimes, eat sometimes, started on the whiskey to bring down my anxiety. what else is there to do?

Hello Lotswife
I can’t imagine how hard it is for you being housebound and I am so sorry for yor loss. But please try to look after yourself by eating sensibly and I’m sure you are already aware that Alcohol is a depressant and can cause dehydration so why would you purposely want to make yourself feel even worse. Have you tried contacting Age Concern and see if they can arrange someone to call on you occasionally.

1 Like

l thank you for your thoughts. lve looked at their website and it has never inspired anything in me. actually this site is the only place lve found people going through self same feelings, making me feel l am not alone. Unless visitors have been there themselves, they cannot offer me anything, and lm not up to polite conversation. as for whiskey l am allergic to alcolhol except for a swig, just enough to bring my anxiety levels down.

2 Likes

I know so well where you’re coming from, life just isn’t worth it anymore. I had to start a new job this week & that’s triggered my fibromyalgia off, I’m only 3 days a week at the moment but they expect me to be full time in a few weeks time & I can’t afford not to. This week it feels like I’ve been hit by a bus & worse it’s going to get but there’s nothing I can do because I’m desperate. I only have my mother who is mentally ill & unwell herself; I have one friend that tries to see me once a month, there is nothing to live for anymore & I so don’t want this life but I can only go on living this hell!!
Love & peace xx

1 Like

DMZ please don’t give up hope we have all been there I know it’s hard but you have to try and get ur life together it took me a long time to try and get my life back on track I’m not there yet but I’m trying hard. Please don’t give up we’re all here for you if you want to rant and rave that’s okay just come on here we’re all in the same situation Just keep the faith god bless you :rose:sending you a heart with love chin up

1 Like

I feel like a rant tonight. Why MY husband? He was only 62. He had so much more to give and we had so much left to do and life to live. I can’t bare it. I’ve done 14 weeks. I can’t do any more. I just can’t hack this life without him. It’s truly a nightmare. I just wish it was a lesson of some sort that someone is trying to teach me! I’ve learnt it now. I wish he’d come back

1 Like

Hi all
Same here Jean
Why why why
When Paul was diagnosed we came home and I said
Why us
His reply Why not , it’s got to be somebody
Exactly but selfish me didn’t want it on our door step
Like you we had so much to live for so much we wanted to do
Now nothing
I’m just functioning …… mainly cos I have to
It just so bloody hard lonely and isolated
Hugs to all
Xx

1 Like

And to you @Bess1. I feel like I’m in hell tonight xx.

Dangerous and lonely place
I’m going to bed I cry myself to ‘sleep’ cuddling Paul’s Rab coat
If folks only knew what we are going through
Out of the door it’s one big act
Big hug
Xx

1 Like

I know how you all feel The loneliness is just awful
No one really gets it unless it’s happened to them Its also 14 weeks since my husband passed
Some days I feel like I’m getting there, and then it just hits you again
I wouldn’t wish it on anyone It’s so hard when there’s no one there for to tell you how your day went or didn’t
I miss him so so much Thinking of you all x

@Mumcon I lost my wife 16 weeks ago and your post reflects my own thoughts. It’s very much day to day, though I’m lucky to have moved my son and his family in with me. I still miss those stupid little mundane chats, watching tv from under a blanket, awful jokes at the end of the day with my wife and often finish my night time chats to her now in tears. Still early days. Big hugs.

1 Like

U can wish all u like but he will never b coming back sorry to be so harsh but u have to Ty and make a new life for urself otherwise you will find yourself in a very dark place U think life will never be the same i keep saying life is very hard at the moment but as time goes on it will get better please give it time it’s hard for u I feel ur pain please don’t give up here for u anytime keep the faith god bless u stay safe

I’m sure you mean well, but maybe a little harsh?

I’m at 14 weeks too. I sometimes feel it was yesterday.

1 Like

I’m fully aware that he won’t come back. I just wanted to rant.

3 Likes

@Jean8 A good rant releases the tension so rant on as much as you want and whenever you feel the call. xx

1 Like

Hi
We all feel the same…… it’s reality and it’s so hard
Tears for me every single night and day like you say it’s the mundane things
It’s the big things
IT’s everything
I feel extremely ‘alone’
I miss my Paul so so much I physically ache all over
My heart truly broken
How the hell do we move on??
When all we want we can’t have
Lolxx

2 Likes

I agree with you Tony and don’t think your being harsh at all, just realistic. You have a wise and sensible approach but in the early days we just don’t see any hope. Now we have to adapt to a new life and not give up.
xx