Let's hear it for our pets...

Hello everyone. How are you today? I was just sitting here in my conservatory, looking at my dogs and thought wouldn’t this make a nice, refreshing post. So here I am.
I know many of you have mentioned your pets on here and how they have given you a reason to get up in a morning. Some have acquired a pet after becoming bereaved. Pets give us so much. I have 2 Shih tzus, Vince and Meg, they’re brother and sister. They’ll be 12 at the end of this month. They have given us so much joy over the years. Vince in particular, is very demanding (typical male! :wink:). He’s also very loving and will often give his sister a hug.
I know @peacefulspot as recently got a cat and I am sure he will give her joy, love and comfort.

So let’s hear it for our pets. They give so much and expect so little (except Vince of course :blush:). :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Much love xx

9 Likes

Hi Kate, what a good idea.
I do think pets help us so much , the look of love in their eyes just melts my heart .
I used to have two dogs like you, I had a golden retriever and a cocker spaniel, lovely dogs, I’ve got three cats , and they do bring me joy and make me smile. I would like dogs again but my cats are 17 so wouldn’t be fair on them with a new dog bouncing around.
Pets definitely bring comfort
Let’s hear it for our pets :smiley: x

2 Likes

Thank you Steph. I’m so pleased your cats make you smile :blush:. I’ve never had a cat, not even growing up but there’s something appealing and comforting about a cat brushing up against your legs or curling up on your lap while watching television. People often mistake Shih tzus for a lapdog but they really don’t enjoy being picked up or sitting on my lap. However, they do love to be with me and if I’m not in the same room, Vince barks for me to go sit with them. They were originally bred as a companion dog.
Yes, let’s here it for our pets :grinning: xx

1 Like

We have a springer spaniel called Polly, she is such a little darling, really she was Stan’s dog. The poor little thing was so depressed when Stan passed away, she has always been a loving little dog, she has transferred her affection to me. I am going to try and upload a couple of photos of her.
pollyandrubyinbed
Polly in frame

7 Likes

It’s funny , the pets in our house always ruled us :joy: I’m the type that lets the pets sleep on the bed and they sprawl out on the sofa, but I wouldn’t have it any other way :smiley:
It is lovely when they curl up on your lap, it’s just nice to come home and they’re in the house to greet you, even if it’s just because they want their dinner :joy:
Thanks kate, a lovely thread x

3 Likes

Oh she’s lovely Mary x

2 Likes

Thank you, Steph. The little dog in the first photo was our daughter’s, she was called Ruby. sadly she had to be put to sleep 3 weeks ago, she was a little sweetheart too. :cry: :cry: :cry:

2 Likes

Oh no, that’s so sad, they are so part of the family.
When I lost my dogs I was heartbroken, got photos of them everywhere x

2 Likes

Hello again, Steph, you have to be a pet lover to fully understand what it is like to lose one. Before Polly we had a springer spaniel called Meg, she had a lovely nature too, we were heartbroken when she had to be put to sleep, I don’t know how I did it, but I laid down on the floor with her whilst the injection took effect. I couldn’t get up again but I did not care. x

3 Likes

It’s so heartbreaking they bring you so much love and joy and when you lose them it’s awful. My dog holly my golden retriever was 12 and she just collapsed and that was it. My other dog sacha had to be put to sleep , I was with her, she was looking at me with so much love In her her eyes . They were lovely dogs x

2 Likes

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

2 Likes

My lovely cats and dogs x

6 Likes

Lovely to see everyone’s pets.Im a new member of the pet club.But I’m loving every minute of it.Manuel is the sweetest puss.And is giving me great comfort. It pleases me so much that his made his bed in David’s old chair.He jumps up on it at night and is still there when I come down in the morning.x

I’ve uploaded a picture of him.

6 Likes

6 Likes

He’s so lovely, they do bring comfort, something to get up for x

2 Likes

Thanks so much Steph.x

3 Likes

Oh my what beautiful cats and dogs you all have :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: thank goodness for them as without their love I think we would be in a far worse place than we are at the moment ![IMG_20161014_141810|281x500]

(upload://zNbOrjRkPM0tnL1hHyF514DLMHk.jpeg)
Daisy :heart_eyes: my reason to keep going

5 Likes

Daisy the Diva :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

She’s so cute V :heart_eyes: bless her, we would be lost without them x

2 Likes

Lovely little doggies. x

2 Likes