Life after death - dreams and signs.

This made me smile as I think that is what my dad is doing too. He’d lost quite a few of his pals over the last few years so I think he’s busy catching up with them first! When people I haven’t known well have passed they’ve appeared in my dreams. I’ve felt cheated at times that my own dad hasn’t appeared in mine till very recently. I’ve now had 2 with him in, maybe the barrels had run dry up there. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Evans 2021 from another Evans! I was sitting here, thinking about my Stevie, Steve Evans, who sadly passed away last November, when I saw your message, and as simple as it was, I took it as a sign! I found your message so interesting, as I too am a believer, and have always said, that having faith, is believing something without having seen it.
My Mom believed in the afterlife and she often talked about getting messages and signs from her own Mother. One day, she said she saw her, standing at the top of the stairs, dressed all in white, as clear as daylight.
I received some beautiful condolence cards from friends and family, but the one that stood out, and still stands on the sideboard, has these words on the front:

“PERHAPS THEY ARE NOT THE STARS, BUT RATHER OPENINGS IN HEAVEN, WHERE THE LOVE OF OUR LOST ONES POURS THROUGH, AND SHINES DOWN UPON US TO LET US KNOW THEY ARE HAPPY”

Since reading this, before I go to bed every night, I open the door to the balcony, walk out and look up at the stars, and there’s always one that seems to be brighter than the others, and I usually say, ‘Hi Stevie, I hope you’re okay. I love you’. Some people will probably think I’ve lost my marbles, but it makes me feel good, and that’s all that matters to me.
I firmly believe our loved ones do send us signs, sometimes totally out of the blue.
The thought we’ll meet again one day, is one of the things that keeps me going. The other one is my beautiful daughter.
Take care everyone, and keep believing :rainbow::yellow_heart:

6 Likes

I’ve had a few instances that I can’t explain. I’ve not actually physically seen my wonderful husband & I would dearly love to. But one night I literally felt the bed move as if he’d got in beside me & I reached over as we would do & I snuggled in, I really felt him there too. Also this very week I’ve been to the apartment we bought in Spain we intended to retire to, Derek passed away unexpectedly before we could actually do that but as a family we’re keeping it as it’s our happy place. We have those ceiling fans operated by remote control but the bedroom one just keeps coming on randomly. I asked the neighbours if they had the same sort just in case there’s could control ours but no they haven’t. I said to our girls, that’s your Dad playing silly beggars. Sometimes the light comes on too. Never happened before when we were there together & we bought it in 2014 spent lots of time there before my heart was broken just before Christmas 2019 :broken_heart:

6 Likes

John always had mixed feelings about an afterlife, but he said that if there is one that he would ‘come back and haunt me’. I’m not sure what I believe but there have been a couple of things since he died 8 months ago that have made me feel like he hasn’t gone away. When I was talking to a friend about Windows 10 (an operating system that John hated with a passion), his glasses case half fell/half flew of the coffee table. Possibly a coincidence but the timing was classic!
More significantly, his bedside light regularly comes on on its own. I know that other people here have experienced the light coming on phenomenon. as have several of my friends who have lost a loved one. It really does feel like John is still around, just on another plane of existence, so that I can sense him but not actually see him. It’s a little comforting in a way.
@lunarjoycie. I too always look up at the stars and regularly talk to John. Some of my friends actually got together and had a star named for him when he died. I don’t think I have much of a chance of pickng out that particular star, but I like to think it’s the brightest one in the sky.

6 Likes

Hi all I believe in an afterlife pauline always said if there was one she would come back and let me know I have had 5 signs since she passed first was a white feather on the floor in front of the sofa where I now sit I have nothing with feathers in indoors no windows were open it wasn’t there before I fed my pets but when I had finished it was which was about an hour later second my phone was playing whistling and chirping noises a game on my phone had opened and said it needed updating my phone was locked and its not a game that I play third I was watching a movie during the advert I went into the kitchen to get a tip for my vape and the TV turned over my dog was asleep on the sofa my cats weren’t in the front room fourth I went to do the pets water bowls in the evening and there was the number 1 in water on the draining board which was all dry earlier pauline always used to say I was her number 1 fifth I was walking our dog cara and an orange breastfed Robin was walking almost along side us when I stopped it stopped and looked at me cara didn’t even seem bothered by it when I walked again so did it I’m sure these are all signs from pauline

4 Likes

I love to hear people’s stories of things happening after their loved ones have passed over, I really wish I knew my mum was ok I talk to her most days & would love to see or hear other things from her but had nothing for a few weeks now but always hoping as I miss her so much

2 Likes

There will be little signs you may not have noticed. It’s not always feathers and butterflies. Don’t worry she can hear you xx

5 Likes

Thanks for your reply Maria, since moms been gone I’ve had a few things happen and one time woke up after hearing her say my name but really not sure if any of it is 100% to do with mum or just my mind playing tricks , I live in hope every day to see or hear anything else it’s what keeps me going.
Lynn x

3 Likes

Yes it keeps me going too. I geard the same my mane being whispered in my ear or when i ask for a sign,it doesnt happen straight away, but then his date of birth would pop on the tv along with another sign ,or his name would appear in whatever im reading. He doesnt have a common name. They arent coincidences, theres too many. Sometimes youre too grief stricken to notice , think of happy memories and try to clear your mind, (easier said than done) to help you notice her signs I dont know how i’d get through each day if i didnt believe my brother is still with me. Xx

1 Like

I meant i heard the same my name*

1 Like

@lynn2691 hi Lynn it took a good while before I got and saw any signs you will get them your mum is always with you I’m so sorry for your loss take care sending hugs x

1 Like

Hi Casey thank you for your message, the things that have happened so far are about a week after mum passed we were sorting out her clothes & for something for her to wear in the chapel of rest I noticed after being in her bedroom for about half hour the clock on the wall had stopped at 10 oclock ( mum passed away on the 10th??) I have some ankle boots just outside the patio doors on the garden a couple of days after mums funeral one of the boots had a large amount of the red stones which are all over the garden in one of the boots, and one time about a month ago I woke at 6am decided to not get up straight away must have fallen back to sleep and was woken by my mums voice saying my name, I had been asleep as the clock said 06.35 but I hadn’t been dreaming of anything!! Really strange isn’t it!! I’ve had nothing since, I hope for something every day as I miss her so much, it’s a comfort coming on here to read other people’s messages too, I hope your doing ok, it’s a rollercoaster of emotions we have every day isn’t it ) take care & big hugs too.
Lynn x

2 Likes

@lynn2691 hello Lynn it certainly is a rollercoaster of emotions I’m ok I just miss her so much it hurts all the time I’m glad you have had some signs it gives a little comfort and it helps talking on here to people who understand and are willing to listen you take care sending hugs x

1 Like

Hi @Alston56

I have just read your reply to my post; what can i say?! There seems to be something about electrical equipment! This isnt the first time ive heard of stuff like this happening.

I wrote the post about dreams and signs as i wanted to put my own experiences out there and see if other people were experiencing similar, and quite clearly they are! Since writing last, i have had another two signs. If it were down to me i would have them all the time, every day! They comfort and reassure me; but as i say there has only been these two other things that i have noted.

Last week, i was sat with my grandad watching TV in his house, which is next door to the house where my mum used to live before she passed. They have both lived in their houses for years and years and spent lots of time in eachothers houses over the years. We were sat watching tv at around 7.30pm and the house phone started to ring; my grandad answered but there was no one there. We didnt think anything of it, but the next day when i called him, he said he had had another phone call on his house phone, again with no one at the other end of the line. Obviously i dont know, but this seemed strange to me. Everyone calls my grandad on his mobile phone, and he rarely uses his landline.

Then on another seperate occasion, one morning i had woken up to my alarm and hit the snooze button, which i always do to buy myself an extra 5/10 minutes. As i drifted in and out of sleep, i suddenly jumped up as i became aware that my hand was being stroked, but it didnt feel like it was my partners hand touching mine, and it wasnt! I’ve thought about it a lot since, and the one thing i keep coming back to is how long i spent stroking the back of my mums hand when she was in hospital before she died. I know it sounds a little scary, or maybe even a little crazy, but ive not felt that sensation before, and i just know it was her.

I completely believe in the experiences you have had with your late wife, and as you have said, one day we will be reunited with them, but for now we should continue being open to the signs they give us. I hope you get on well with your visit to the medium - this is also something i am exploring, but i have to wait a few months to see mine, as she is very in demand and comes recommended to me by a few close friends.

Take care,

Bev x

3 Likes

Wow, what a great story! X

2 Likes

Sorry, my last message was meant for Lonely! Sorry if it confused anyone!

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I always believed that when we pass we go somewhere but my husband was slightly sceptical but open to discussion /ideas. I have had readings a few times. But since losing 4 people close to me I’m not sure anymore !!!
Close Friend in March 2019
Father June 2020
Friend of 33 yrs July 2020
Darling husband December 2020
I honestly don’t feel /think I’ve had any signs from anyone ?? I keep expecting /hoping for something from my husband but not aware of anything. I just need to know he’s OK & at peace but struggling with not knowing. I feel I get close to him whtn I play music but then that’s for me to try to cope but doesn’t give me any indication about him. No lights going off/on . We always listened to smooth radio & sometimes in bedroom on Alexa it doesn’t always work but that happened while he was still with me. Still hoping and looking for a sign from him but……:broken_heart:Maybe it’s so obvious that I can’t see it ?

1 Like

Yes! Electrical equipment definitely! When my son died, a huge hawk moth came in, my son knew I’d hold a hawk moth and it was about 3am, I just had to hold it, then at 12.30 pm next day I got a phone call saying he’d passed away. After his funeral his dads computer kept turning on by itself which was strange as it was a push button start up, at my brothers funeral, the photo of him on the coffin fell over, made everyone gasp, then laugh. Lights flicker, I had a bad night over my brother, felt I hadn’t done enough, cried a lot into my pillow etc, the next morning I had a google photos notification, I went on it and it was on my shared folders, I only had one shared folder with my hubby so I clicked on it and there was my brothers name, ‘big bruv’, blew me away, he didn’t even have google photos! Keeps me going x

2 Likes

Oh wow that’s amazing x

2 Likes

Hi. I am too, sorry for your losses. My partners funeral was on the 9th April 2020 at York Crematorium. We could not attend the funeral because of covid. Fortunately on the 2nd April I went to the funeral home and saw Pat in the chapel of rest. Stayed talking to her for about an hour. Just as I was leaving noticed tears in her right eye and food debris on the left of her mouth. She had not been embalmed.

From May 2020, unusual things started happening inside the house. I will only give a few examples as I have many more on my list (9 A4 pages and counting). Bright light shot out from side of couch, where Pat sat, and landed on an artificial tree and disturbed the branches. 2 circular flat plastic backings from earrings found on kitchen floor. Pats earrings consisted of tubular backings. Odd socks from the clothes dryer rack placed back into the wash basket. Coming downstairs when I heard rustling of cutlery in the kitchen. Teaspoons normally kept separate, found together with the scissors. Once, all kitchen shone with a yellow glow for a few seconds and then disappeared. Dark grey mist obscuring the large red display on the digital clock in the bedroom.

The next part is slightly intimate which I hope won’t offend yourselves. These things below are what has happened and what is happening now.

Woke up on a Sunday morning in October 2020 with a very sharp pain in my groin. It was like being stabbed with many needles. Only lasted a few seconds. GP could not diagnose anything wrong. Presently I am experiencing a continuous tingling sensation across my thighs. This sensation increases in intensity when I talk to Pat. It is as if she is listening to me. It is not unpleasant or painful. When I am in a state of undress, my pubic hairs move and sway. As the tingling sensation increases, more hairs move and sway. Also my bits move. These feelings are not painful but strange.

Best wishes,

Alan

1 Like