Life after death - dreams and signs.

My husband died just over two weeks ago. He had battled lung cancer since 2018 and was waiting to start his 5th line of treatment. He had 2 days of feeling ‘odd’ and died suddenly as the cancer had spread to the lining around his heart. I had to give him chest compressions for 6 minutes before the ambulance came but he was gone.
For about four days after he died the TV wouldn’t change channels or was very slow to change. About a month prior to his dying he couldn’t find his favourite hat and we thought he’d left it somewhere as we searched indoors and couldn’t find it. Four days after his death I found it on a coat peg, though we’d definitely searched there before. Also when I looked out the conservatory window a robin was perched on the sweet pea frame that he helped me make and it looked straight at me. I’ve never seen a robin in the garden before, maybe just chance but it made me feel better, like he was watching over me.
My emotions are so raw at the moment. The funeral isn’t for another two weeks. I have to find some clothes to take to the funeral home and then I will view him. He was the love of my life and I miss him so much
Julie

6 Likes

You have just written down everything that I believe and the explanation why I believe.

1 Like

No doubt in my mind that they watch over you if you see a white feather its a sign from a loved one watching over you as it drops from the heavens

My mum is my guardian angel

5 Likes

I believe in signs!

Firstly, sending love to all that have lost loved ones :purple_heart:

Yesterday I had an emotional day. I lost dad back in June this year and yesterday I had a phone meeting with work to see when I’d be returning. After the call I became so emotional, crying, missing dad so much, and just not wanting anything at all…not long after the phonecall, i went into the kitchen to wash a pan, looked out the window and saw 2 Robins on the tree branches. I had to so one of those double looks to make sure they were Robins but they were because they both had red breasts. I believe I had to see them moments after the phonecall to let me know that everything will be okay. Dad is with his mum (we lost nana in 2017) and I believe he’s with her now…he stayed strong after losing his mum and I think he was in soooo much pain but he never showed it as he put others first and was so selfless. I take comfort in knowing he’s with her and believe the 2 Robins were them both. To see one Robin is magical (and not an often occurrance) and to see 2 together is rare…especially where I live. Also, yesterday was 6mths to the date that dad passed too :broken_heart:

White feathers and white butterflies are my comfort signs too.

Keep believing and ignore the ones that try to tell us we’re crazy :purple_heart:

6 Likes

When I go to put flowers on my husband’s grave, a robin often sits on a bin close by (only a couple of metres away). The last time I went, he flew down to the stone behind, then the stone one side, then the other and then right onto my husband’s stone about a foot away from my feet. He wasn’t bothered by me towering over him. It made me smile.

5 Likes

Absolutely agree that there are signs for us.

1 Like