Lighting a Christmas Eve Candle.

Thank you for replying to me I feel so silly but can’t find that symbol you showed anywhere I have not had my iPad long so still learning.

2 Likes

OK, sorry to hear that, it’s possible there may be a bug. I don’t have an iPad I can test on (I’m working from home due to the pandemic, and it’s working OK on the devices I do have access to), but I will get one of my colleagues to check and then I’ll send you an email to follow up.

1 Like

Thank you Priscilla it is probably me but thank you for your help.

2 Likes

This is a lovely idea. Because Frankie was born in Denmark we always did everything on Christmas Eve. His mam does goose with red cabbage and all the trimmings. Then Frankie would put a santa hat on and hand out presents individually. Not sure how this Christmas Eve is going to pan out but I have the perfect candle with a picture of a robin💙

4 Likes

I will be lighting my candle on Christmas Eve to connect with everyone and remember our loved ones and will log in on Christmas Day for a bit of support so I hope some others will be on too x

7 Likes

Great idea
Yes i will light candles on xmas eve
And yes i propaly will be on here xmas day or day after

4 Likes

Yes, I will light a candle too. Lovely idea.

4 Likes

Hi there, yes I’m happy for 7pm
Think it’s a lovely idea to remember our loved ones & to bring a sense of community x

4 Likes

I have lots of candles and tend to light them all year round…but to light a special one on Christmas eve at 7pm would have such a special meaning not only remembering my son but for all the people of this forum who are grieving the loss of their loved also.

5 Likes

What a lovely idea, I will definitely join in. 7pm seems a perfect time as well.

3 Likes

What a lovely idea ! :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Hi
I am also telling friends and family about us lighting a candle and they are happy to join us.
Pat

2 Likes

A thought just occurred to me after reading @Pattidot’s post…all of my relatives live in Scotland, I have none here in Newcastle, and only a handful (literally) of friends locally. I was wondering if I should post something on Facebook, with maybe a link to this thread? Or is that a step too far, and possibly inviting trouble? I could post it as a public post, or only so my (smallish) circle of friends can see it (I think).

If anyone thinks it’s a bad idea, I’ll definitely refrain.

1 Like

not sure if I’ve already posted, if not, count me in too. my Angel’s Wings has arrived, ready to join in the celebration of our loved ones in spirit

hope today has been an improvement on yesterday and tomorrow is an improvement on today

blessings, namaste
Jen🦋

5 Likes

Oh. I think that is such a lovely idea. 7pm is a really good time. Even if we are surrounded by people at Christmas I’m sure that many of us will still be feeling alone, especially if this is our first Christmas without our loved ones, so by this one single act we can connect with each other and maybe not feel quite so alone.

3 Likes

I think this is going to be a wonderful feeling to give light to our loved ones and unit us all who are going through this awful process and like me it will be the first time without my Rob this Christmas

3 Likes

Thats a beautiful idea. 7 pm is perfect, my husband passed at that time in January.
Sending love to all x

3 Likes

I haven’t been on the site for a few months but seeing your post changed that. Yes 7 on Christmas Eve I shall light a candle not just for my own loss but for all those who will find this Christmas hard. Bless you for such a lovely thoughtful idea.

5 Likes

I love candles and light one every night by my husbands photo . There is something about light on these dark evenings so yes definitely will
Light a candle at 7pm
On Christmas Eve - thank you
For the suggestion and lovely response

3 Likes

Such a lovely idea. Lorna

3 Likes