Lighting a Christmas Eve Candle.

Lovely idea. I will be lighting my candle xx

4 Likes

7 pm is fine by me. I will be joining you and everyone else who sees this as the loving, joining thing it is. Thank you.

5 Likes

I certainly will xxx And also leaving a shot a Jameson’s in front of his picture :broken_heart::broken_heart: I will ask my family to do same, beautiful idea :heart:

5 Likes

Lovely idea, thank you. I’ll be lighting at 7pm :blue_heart:

7 Likes

I will be joining everyone and lighting my candle at 7pm.

7 Likes

Morning Sanny, I am very sorry to read about your loss and still in the early sages of grief, which all of us here are going through , but we are like a family and we all understand exactly what we are all feeling.
Regarding your question about Mediums - everyone has their own views on them and should not preach what is right or wrong. Please take your time to think everything through and when the time is right and you have made your decision go with it either way , sending love and hope you will find comfort .

2 Likes

Good Morning to you all.
I am hoping I will get the idea of lighting a candle on BBC Essex Radio Saturday Evening so hope fully others might join in.
I won’t mention Sue Ryder in case that’s not right just say a few people I know are going to participate.
Love to you all.
X

6 Likes

Hi @Samella, Just to let you know, it’s no problem from our point of view if you do mention Sue Ryder or the community. But I will leave that up to you or let you be guided by any replies from other users.

Do let us know if it looks like this is going ahead, as some people may be interested to listen!

2 Likes

Hiya,
I won’t know until Saturday Night until I ring in, but he is usually good at promoting things.This particular DJ is not on until Saturday,

Thanks

6 Likes

Lovely idea, I will be joining you too. I don’t want to celebrate Christmas this year but a remembrance candle will make us all feel connected . Thank you so much x

4 Likes

This is such a wonderful idea…I passed it on to family members who will then be passing it on to their bereaved friends. This could be an opportunity to include the whole of the country and get some really good coverage for Sue Ryder. To be able to feel such a connection at 7pm on Christmas Eve is just genius. Can we reach out to those who are not on this forum ?

6 Likes

I shall certainly join you all. I am frightened of this Christmas. My first since my darling wife died and my first Christmas when I shall be totally alone, apart from my beagle of course. I hope lighting the candle may make me feel close to Gill and to all my friends here on S.R.
Peter

7 Likes

Yes, will light a candle for my mum, Christmas is terrifying me so will definitely help x

4 Likes

I think 7pm is a brilliant time for us all to light our candles.

3 Likes

I have been thinking a lot about this coming Covid Christmas…all the media coverage about trying to let people gather together to have as “normal” a Christmas as possible only makes those of us whose Chriistmasses have changed forever and who live constantly in our little bubbles of aloneness feel even more isolated and retrospective…lighting our candles together will hopefully draw us together in spirit but we could go one step further…I am thinking about starting a new thread on Christmas Eve…“My candle is shining for…” where we could post our loved ones names and acknowledge their ongoing presence in our lives…would anyone else think this a good idea?

10 Likes

I think that’s a lovely idea, all sharing memories and thoughts on Christmas Eve, it’s going to be a horrible time for everyone and to do something like this is heartwarming x

3 Likes

Yes, that sounds wonderful. We need to make as many connections as possible and with understanding people at this most difficult time.

2 Likes

Yes - brilliant idea. Please do start the thread.

2 Likes

I like that idea …and get fully what you mean when hearing others getting together for a normal Christmas …nothing is normal anymore is it !!

3 Likes

Your such thoughtful person to come up with these brilliant ideas…and bringing everyone closer together at Christmas…Thank You xx

2 Likes