Lighting a Christmas Eve Candle.

Good morning!
When I po sted the light a candle post on the “How will we cope at Christmas?” thread, I wasn’t sure if others would think it a good idea but many people have replied so this post is to try and co-ordinate our collective candle lighting!! The idea is that we each light a candle at the same time on Christmas Eve…each candle (whatever kind we choose) is our tribute to the one(s) we have lost (whatever our relationship to them), but by lighting them at the same time each of us will be joined in time and space and know that none of us are completely alone…Christmas is an especially poignant anniversary and this Covid Christmas is going to be particularly challenging…perhaps the light from all our candles will shine into the darkness and give us all hope. Would 7 o’clock be suitable for you? Please use this thread to agree a mutually convenient time. Many thanks.
Take care…love and blessings to everyone . X

36 Likes

Yes - 7pm seems a good idea. I will get my friends and family to join me too in this special ‘anniversary’ Christmas.

8 Likes

Such a lovely idea, 7.00 would be fine.
People In the the village are planning to go out side at 6.00 and ring bells to bring Christmas in.
I feel I need to plan something to remember the joys of the past but hope for the future.
Not on a personal level alone but expanding to the world.
So many are grieving for so many reasons.

8 Likes

That would be so poignant that is the time my Husband passed in February,
Thankyou for such a lovely idea.
Xxxx

7 Likes

I’ll be lighting my candle :blue_heart:

7 Likes

Yes beautiful idea
I bought a candle yesterday for my dad for christmas
And already have 1 for my mother in law
And 1 for my twins
7pm
I shall light my candles❤

7 Likes

@amelie_sgran Count me in. What a lovely idea :butterfly::broken_heart:

5 Likes

What a F-A-N-T-A-B-U-L-O-U-S idea . . . I have put a note it in my diary to remind me and it will be lovely to know that I am not the only person lighting a candle alone on Christmas Eve . . . T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U x

5 Likes

I’m with you all 7p.m. it is. Many thanks you have all restored my faith in humanity.
Love and bless you all.
Pat
xxx

5 Likes

I would love to join you all for this very special event, it will be the highlight of my Christmas, we will radiate love, x

4 Likes

I will be joining you and my friends and family too. 7pm is fine. I will light it to remember my darling husband of 2yrs and all whom have died in 2020 and also for my Mum and others battling Cancer. :star2:

6 Likes

I’ll make sure I’m stocked up with plenty of candles. Just putting the reminder in my diary made my heart ache. :broken_heart: :two_hearts:

5 Likes

I love this idea, thank you! I hope to join and light a candle for my Mum :candle: :heart: and all the other family I have lost over time too.

5 Likes

count me in I will definitely be lighting a candle at 7 …knowing we will all be United in our thoughts for loved ones past will bring I’m sure strengh and courage to get through this most challenging of times ahead

6 Likes

I think 7pm is perfect too! What a sweet thought to unite us all together at one moment in time!!

3 Likes

Yes its a great idea
We can all light our candle/candles at same time be united together x

2 Likes

I think this is a fab idea and I will certainly be joining in and 7 is a good time for me

2 Likes

I just wanted to say again that I think this is such a lovely idea. And, as @Stargazer suggested on the other thread, it would be wonderful to see photos of your lit candles on the day from anyone who is willing to share one.

3 Likes

I will love lighting a candle for my Ron but I wondered if you could tell me how to put a photo on this site. I love my iPad but feel silly I can’t put a photo on so hope you can help. Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Do you get this button (circled in red) when you are writing a post on your iPad? That’s the one to insert a picture on a mobile device.

For those of you using a computer, if you are wondering the same thing, there are instructions here: https://community.sueryder.org/pub/help-using-this-site#picture

2 Likes