Lighting a Christmas Eve Candle.

I totally agree time will never heal the pain will always be with us guess we have to learn to manage it take care xx

3 Likes

Hello @amelie_sgran. I am so glad you decided to mention the Christmas Eve candle lighting. I did this last year and I’m sure it will be a great comfort for all of us again this year. 7pm is fine with me.

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

Firstly, thank you @amelie_sgran for starting this thread. It’s lovely to see that so many would like to join in and remember loved ones in this way on Christmas Eve :candle:

I just wanted to let you know that I have pinned the conversation so that it shows at the top of the home page for a few weeks which should make it easier for others to see what has been suggested and join in, should they like to.

Thank you again - do take care,
Megan

9 Likes

This sounds like a lovely idea . 7oclock sounds good for me.

2 Likes

Great 7oclock Christmas Eve,we can all on here remember our loved ones together

Christine x

2 Likes

Sending you my thoughts on the anniversary of your mum xxx

A wonderful idea, I will be placing a candle by my beautiful Mums photo on Christmas Eve at 7pm. I will be thinking of you all, and feeling a little less alone (and raising a glass of whisky to you all). Thank you for a lovely idea x

3 Likes

What a lovely idea. This will be my first Christmas without my darling husband … & his birthday is 22nd December so I’m expecting it to be a difficult time. 7pm is a good time for me. Thank you x

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this. I lost my lovely Dad a few months ago and I am dreading Christmas this year. It was a really special time and lots of traditions were made with Dad. I plan to change things and go for a long walk on Christmas morning. I wanted to do something special to remember him so pleased to have seen this chat and would love to join you all lighting a candle at 7pm on Christmas Eve.

5 Likes

I’ve just joined the Sueryder community. I often feel I’m alone in my grief for the loss of my husband Duncan, and I know that this is not so. Just that it’s difficult to talk to others about my loss, most didn’t know Duncan where I am and others dont want to talk for fear of upsetting me. I wish they didn’t. So lighting a candle on Christmas Eve at 7pm in my window on my own but knowing that others from everywhere are doing the same is comforting especially at this time of the year.

11 Likes

Hello Heather,my husband passed away 9 weeks ago After being married for 51yrs,still finding it hard to believeI am really struggling with his loss,it has helped me being able to talk with others on here who are grieving like me,hope you find it helpful to

Christine x

7 Likes

It will be a great thing to do Heather, and as you say to know we are all doing it together for our loved ones, together in our loss will be such a comfort to us all.
Our grief is immense but being able to put it into words definitely helps xx

5 Likes

Yes please - this has been a year of firsts without my mum - Mother’s Day, birthdays, including her own, anniversaries - now the first Christmas. I would love to light a candle in togetherness with so many others who are going through the grief of missing those we have loved💔

7 Likes

My first Christmas without my husband of 50 years too, hopefully our two granddaughters will help ease the pain but I just know that when I am in bed alone I will break my heart again. Thinking of everyone out there in the same awful situation, we none of us wanted.

8 Likes

What a great way to remember our loved ones
I will be definitely lighting two candles
One for my loving husband and by beautiful mum
Both who I miss deeply every single day
Sending my love to you all
Xx

8 Likes

Count me in please, last year Christmas was a painful blur, just a few weeks after losing my husband, not looking forward to this year, will probably work through it, can’t stand the idea of sitting alone just missing him. I light candles every Sunday by his photo, so would like to join everyone at Christmas.

7 Likes

That’s a lovely idea. I’d be happy to light a candle at 7pm for my dear mum who zi lost on Easter Sundsy. This will be my first Christmas without her.

7 Likes

I think this is a beautiful idea.
My father only passed a month ago and the bereavement office called me to ask if they could light a candle and I of course said yes. I lit one too and it fell on what would have been his birthday. Whilst I was sad it brought a huge amount of comfort

5 Likes

This is something I would very much like to be part of. It will be my first Christmas without my husband.

7 Likes