Lighting a Christmas Eve Candle.

Hi saffy,sorry for your loss,my husband passed away 9 weeks ago I know how painful grief is I have been struggling every day,at least on this site you realise you are not alone,there will be a lot of other people suffering and will be lighting a candle Christmas eve

Look after yourself

Christine x

3 Likes

Hi Christine. This is the first time I have posted. It’s hit a cord as Christmas was my husbands favourite time. He loved to spoil us. He died 5 & a half months ago, after 5 & a half years of kidney cancer. My children will be with me at Christmas and I know they will love this idea.
No loss is greater than another. We endure together as best we can. My husband fought for life, I honour him by carrying on. It’s the hardest thing I have to do after losing him.
I will think of you & all those who have lost the ones they have loved whilst lighting my candle. There will be many candles at Christmas but I will light a special one for him.
Thank you for your response & I wish you good health for the future. X

5 Likes

Hi Saffy,good you have family,I have 2 adult children and grandchildren don’t know how I would have coped without them,I was married to Steve for 51yrs first time ever been on my own.
I can’t imagine Christmas without him,like all of us on here it’s going to be difficult,my family should have been at our house for the day, but we are now going to my daughters,I didn’t feel up to it.Will think of you and everyone on here when we light our special candle

Take care of yourself

Christine x

3 Likes

Hi, yes that would be a help to me. My mum died in 2014 and my husband 2015. This year for some reason feeling their loss dreadfully keenly. Feeling a bit desperate
Te at the moment .all sorts of complex emotions

3 Likes

Lovely idea. This will be my first Christmas without my dad so we will certainly be lighting a candle for him and also thinking about everyone who has lost a loved one too :pensive::two_hearts:

1 Like

Great idea, first Christmas without our sister, she loved Christmas, it was her who brought the excitement, my mum has never had a Christmas without her in 43 years, she always went regardless, going to be a tough one for so many, thinking of everyone here x

3 Likes

My husband died in February last year . I think lighting a candle n Christmas Eve is a lovely idea especially lighting it at the same time but even if we can’t all manage to light at the same time then just lighting one on Christmas Eve would be lovely. Thank you for the suggestion

7 Likes

Hi. I lost my beloved husband in July and I am floundering. We were together for 49 years, since I was sixteen. It’s my birthday on 6th December, the first one without him. He was wonderful. Loving and kind, funny and strong. Lived a very healthy life yet cancer still got him. I’ve never replied to a post before so I hope I’m doing it right. I think it would be lovely to light a candle in memory of our loved ones.

14 Likes

Last Christmas my lovely mum was in hospital for a hip replacement following a fall. Shortly after Christmas she tested positive for COVID-19 after coming into contact with a positive patient.
She died on 10th January.
So this is our first Christmas without her. My dad’s first since they married 60 years ago.

So I’ll definitely join you all in lighting a candle, in a shared moment of grief :candle:

4 Likes

Hi,sorry for your loss,my husband passed away 10 weeks ago tomorrow after us being married for 51yrs I still find it hard to believe I won’t see him again,It is such a struggle for us all I was also 16 years old when we got together,never knew grief could be this painful.

Look after yourself

Christine x

3 Likes

Christine, thanks for your very kind words. I am so sorry for your loss :heart: I don’t know if it’s he same for everyone but it’s an overwhelming physical longing for him. A deep pain. I lost my Dad when I was 22 and my mam and big brother when I was 30 and although I loved them deeply this loss is so much worse. I’ll be thinking of you and hope you can find some comfort xx

4 Likes

Your right,losing our husband is overwhelming its a physical pain makes my heart pound,its so hard to get through each day,never felt anything like this before,like you said I’ve lost close family who I loved dearly but this is torture

Don’t know how we get through it

Christine x

3 Likes

You are saying exactly what is in my thoughts. It helps to talk to people like yourself who truly understand.

2 Likes

Thank you. I think that is such a lovely idea. This is the first Christmas without my dear husband and it will make me feel among friends- a sense of belonging and togetherness. My husband passed away on New Year’s Eve. Thank you for this warm and loving opportunity. X Mary

3 Likes

So sorry for your loss, I have found losing someone so close is the most painful thing ever, the loss of my gran and aunt was bad but younger sister has ripped my heart open, my eyes have been opened to how the world really doesn’t stop for anything or anyone, take care x

4 Likes

Hi,that’s why I can open up on here as we’re all suffering so badly with our loss,we can express our inner feelings knowing other people understand
You can talk to me anytime

Christine x

4 Likes

Thanks a lot Christine’s, I appreciate that, I will

1 Like

This will be my first Christmas without my soul mate whatever time is good for me

3 Likes

This is a beautiful idea . I will light my candle at whatever time is suggested . It will feel like I’m part of a Family who understands
Please update me with the time decided
Thanks again
Ells

5 Likes

I light a candle everyday by my son’s picture but will make sure one is burning at 7 pm on Christmas Eve .

3 Likes