Living alone after 53 years !

I know the pain too well just hope it will ease for you i feel alone too hopefully it will ease but at the moment shows no signs of this

@tykey
Hi,
Excuse me chipping in, but Oh you have given me food for thought reading that
And Just what I needed to hear thank you
Dee x

1 Like

Hi Alan , you don’t know your life will never be as wonderful you do know it will never be the same. My husband of 40 years died in Feb this year my absolute love and soul mate. He died suddenly and I felt cheated, I’m coming out tge other side

I thought like you and I’ve accepted life will never be the same and it hasn’t but boy have I started living again I’ve said yes to everything walked up two mountains been on holidays and taken Graham with me in my heart. I am living life for both of us and that’s what he would want.

Live your life for the love of your wife and make it wonderful.

4 Likes

Well done, Griff. The darkness lifts bit by bit, and a brighter future begins to shine through. Life is good again, just different.
I now wake up each morning, looking forward to what I plan to do that day. I never thought that I’d get to this outlook.
I’d always wanted to explore the Outer Hebrides, but Penny didn’t fancy it. I’ve now done that!

4 Likes

Lost my wife and daughter 5 months apart plus we planned on moving to our news retirement house but she only saw it for 4 months and I began to hate it, then year later had 3 strokes and was in hospital for 6 weeks came out and lived with my daughter and grandchildren same area to relearn walk writing make tea and wash, so stress caused stroke am now alone and also have lung disease

3 Likes

So sorry to hear all that Micky Boy
Sending a hug x

sending loads of hugs

Thanks means a lot I still have flashbacks

1 Like

Thanks means a lot as I know I’m not alone

3 Likes

I would like to say thank you, for the heartening posts on carrying on and in time finding a new way and some peace .
Love to you all.x

2 Likes

That is one of the most beautiful heartfelt tributes I have ever heard. You should feel proud

1 Like

Such a beautiful heartfelt tribute

1 Like

Welcome to the club we didn’t ask to join

3 Likes

Thank you. Also for the journey nobody wants to go on

1 Like

Love the Robin Williams quote. My grief is intensified due to the fact I have a toxic sister that has not helped with the care of my now late mother and is spreading muck about me that I stopped her from seeing my mum. Unbelievable!

1 Like

I cannot begin to imagine your pain, I am totally valine too, but at least momentarily, we can support each other’s troubles here. Best wishes go to you

1 Like

Alone that was meant to be

1 Like

Can I ask what happened to your wife and daughter?

Of course daughter passed august bank holiday from cancer, wife 5 months later from cancer was so quick I didn’t have chance to digest what was going on, was in a daze until my stroke year later when woke up in hospital and wondering why wife hadn’t visited me until daughters arrived and reminded me

2 Likes

Oh bless you, that is truly awful. Such a lot to deal with in such a short time. How are you managing now?