Living alone after 53 years !

hi Alan i two lost my wife .we were married for 56 years so i know the pain you are going through its hard but i try to take every day one step at a time. Sending you all my love and best wishes god bless keep ur chin up

2 Likes

HI Tony1,thank you for your lovely message,it is so difficult, we were so happy together ,when did you lose your wife ?

hi Alan lost my wife 29 oct 2019 .she had cancer for 3 tears .she fought for as long as she could. But that dammed cancer got her in in the end still miss her every day. Not looking forward to charismas to many memories u keep safe god bless and chin up TONY

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Tony,Anne died three months ago ,after three months of suffering with cancer,I’m not looking forward to Christmas but I have to be cheerful for my grandchildren I’ve never feel so bad in my whole life ,thank you for your kind words and support cheers!

1 Like

Ur welcome

Thanks Janebee I have up/down days more down lately as it’s coming up to the dreaded Xmas, but have to try and smile for grandchildren doesn’t get easier as I’m alone most of the time don’t know how to tell my family as half don’t talk to each other and grandchildren usually go to dad Xmas , it’s been like that for years have a new neighbour he lives on his own building model airplane feel sorry for him as he’s got onset Parkinson’s, but I’m just trying to combat loneliness after 40 years married its slowly draining me

2 Likes

Hi u can pick ur friends but not ur family I have a big family and it’s the same sometimes no body is speaking to each others but the lost of a loved one and what’s going on is something can get you down all should pull together feel ur pain and send hugs and kisses god bless you chin up and keep warm Warm

I am in total need of this, but trying to explain my grief to my sister, would be the equivalent of telling the milkman (sorry, person)!

I totally understand the ‘dreaded Christmas’ at least I don’t have to act happy because if no family. Not sure if that is good or bad

1 Like

I feel for you don’t know what you are going through but I’m here for you and so is everyone on this site we are all in the same situation so we are here for you i know it’s hard but keep ur chin up you will get through this just think of the happy times and tell your family go to hell just look out for yourself god bless you and keep ur chin up Always here for you family are so hard to get on with thank you for sharing your story with us keep safe always Tony

Thank you so much x I needed that

Hi janebee How are you feeling today. Hope it’s a lot better think about ur self for a change and get ur life back on track think about ur self if ur family can’t deal with what’s happening tell them how you feel if they don’t like it that’s their problem here for you keep safe Tony

1 Like

Hi I am feeling much the same. So difficult with no one to share the sorrow with. At least we have each other on here to share with

1 Like

Hi any time you want to rant or get something of ur chest just come on here thinking of you god bless keep safe

1 Like

Thank you, same applies. Best wishes

Hope you feeling better today, family can be hard I haven’t heard from my sister or brother in 5 years since my stroke, not as if they live miles away brother only 5 miles from me hey his choice I’ve always said they never see me when alive but all come running when you’re dead, here for you if you need to talk mick

2 Likes

Hi that is really awful. I think I am finding it more difficult with the run up to Christmas, looks like I will be on my own this year. Fed up of all the cheery adverts with lots of people sat around tables

1 Like

Agree I feel physically sick at these Xmas ads, and they seem continuous this year, I try telling myself it’s two days and soon be as far away as ever,
The cold weather, and dull days don’t help, such a difficult time
Sending hugs x

2 Likes

I just wish it was all over. the week before Xmas all my clubs are closed and I will
be here alone without my David.

2 Likes

ThNks you take care, like me Xmas will be a nightmare but it’s only 2 days if it wasn’t for my stroke I’d be away somewhere warm here for you

2 Likes