Loosing my son through suicide

Aw jess please try asking yourself what more could you have done.i suffer mental health .and I understand how your boy must have completely lost control .i feel when you get to that point you don’t stop and rashnalise the situation about the hurt your death will cause to others.nobody here is to blame not you or your son.mental health is a disabling illness and often far to difficult for others to see the warning red flag signs.possibly because there wasn’t any.as often there isn’t.its mostly a compulsive decision .not even knowing yourself the outcome.please ask for support.there really is lots out there .big hugs my heart aches for you and always will xxxx

Dear Jess I lost my beautiful daughter 6 weeks ago, she was 42 years old and I am completely heartbroken. Every day is so hard to get through in such pain. She took her own life and I feel guilty every hour of every day.
I hope you can find peace. Sending you so much love.

Not long after my son. I’m constantly looking for answers now. Everyday. Trying to piece it all together. I’m sorry for your loss bit my words will never heal or touch in your pain.

Today in society things are majorly overlooked. Life will never be the same. He was laughing and having a bath half hour before. Then when house was empty. This happened. Life throws stuff at us to deal with however this is will never be matched.

Hi I am so sorry to hear about your son.
My 14 year old son hung himself last month and I am absolutely devastated I don’t see any way of moving forward.
Have you been able to find any coping strategies because I honestly don’t see how I can be there for my other kids when I don’t want to be here myself.

Dear Nan,
I am so sorry at the loss of your son. I lost my daughter in exactly the same way in February and am heartbroken.
We all cope so differently and I have to admit I am still not coping well but my survival instinct is kicking in.
My only advice is to take one day at a time. Rage, cry and scream if you have to. Remember that if you are having a very bad day that tomorrow is a new day and it might be a better one for you.
Take baby steps, be kind to yourself and on bad days do whatever you need to get yourself through.
If it would help I would be very happy to send you a private message. I find that talking to my daughter, Gemma, helps me and somehow helps me feel closer to her.
I am thinking of you and sending you love. xxxxx

Dear Victoria.
Thankyou for your reply. I feel like it probably would be nice private message.
One of the things I struggle with is that no body around as any idea what it feels like.
So many people are trying to be supportive but often a lot of what they say just makes me feel more hopeless.
How old was your daughter? Do you have a good support network around you? xxxx

1 Like

Hi Nan,
I was wondering about your son too … what is his name and what kind of character is he?
My daughter, Gemma, took her own life on February 1st. She was 42 and has 2 lovely boys aged 21 and 8. Although we knew she was suffering from depression we had no idea how bad she was feeling.
I will pm you and tell you a little more.
Take care xxxx

OMG so sorry lost mine too he was only 19 and my best friend we were so close. I’m on my own now and really I’ll just want to join him this is like torture and must be for you sorry here if you want to chat and share Suzi