Losing a most precious person in my life.

Apart from them dying, of course!
I meant, when you go into a pub or restaurant.

1 Like

I lost my husband 37 weeks ago I canā€™t get into going to new groups on my own I donā€™t think I will ever be ready to go on holiday on my own . Iā€™m very lonely on my own every night and most days He would be really upset with me for not trying to get on with my life.But I just canā€™t I miss him so much :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I went to york for 2 nights as I know the area we used to visit every few years. Then Bavaria in May.

I did things we didnā€™t do together, went to a pantomime on my own, and Bettys tea room just to make it more memorable for me. It was lonley eating on my own, but I did it and am now looking forward to going away again. Im doing places we didnā€™t visit, so it doesnā€™t trigger memories, I want to explore new places. Look at Newmarket holidays. I am hopefully going to Sicilly next year with them. They do solo holidays, and Iā€™ve heard good things about them.

1 Like

Try to join some groups, Iā€™ve met a lovely group of ladies, some are Widows, some are divorced, we go out for lunch every few weeks, and we are going away to Edingburgh in December for 2 nights. I sit at home alone in the evenings but do as much ad i can in the day. Volunteer at a food hub if you have one. I started work as an exam invigilator this year as I needed to go back to work, and I love it as flexible and only a few months that I work.

2 Likes

@Sable can you point me in the direction of the solo travel chat please.
I want to travel but just donā€™t have the confidence to do so yet. I certainly canā€™t bring myself to going back to our favourite resort in Crete yet as this was where we made our memories together from our first time together many years ago to the return visits we made many more times. We were booked to go again this August for two weeks which was to celebrate our big birthdays :broken_heart:

@Punto ā€¦Oh wowā€¦ thatā€™s really good. Reading these comments is really helpful! I miss Jimmy so much, itā€™s 8 months now and cant believe how quick itā€™s goneā€¦i think iv been in a trance for most of it!
Youā€™re alll giving me that push to do it!..I know that when Iā€™ve done it once, Iā€™ll be fine to go it alone again! But oh, how i miss him!

2 Likes

Its under a chat called solo holidays. I started it and lots have said about the experience they have had as well.

1 Like

I mis Rob every day, but we were lucky and knew he only had weeks left and talked about my future from day 1 of his cancer diagnosis.

I cry most nights, but nobody sees that they think Iā€™m strong and coping, I just let people see what they want. My grief is for me, not them. Iā€™ve lost touch with his family and most of my friends disappeared

1 Like

I have very little confidence itā€™s very hard for me to make friends Iā€™m trying to push myself a little harder all the time .my husband did everything he took care off everything

1 Like

@Punto Jimmy and myself had no children together but he has 3 sons. Two of them are so good and check on me regularly , the other son was vile and abusive to me when i was arranging the funeral and will never speak to him again.
Iā€™m sorry to hear about your friendā€™s disappearing, i think after the funeral everyone thinks youā€™re suddenly fine when youā€™re definitely not! But what youā€™ve achieved so far is amazing and you should be feeling very proud of yourself!
Iā€™ll let you know when iv booked my solo holidayā€¦ youā€™ve given me inspiration! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You will get there eventually just take things slowly. Look out in your local library, shop windows or community centre for things you can join.

I did tai chi for a bit it was free in my local park and made me get outside.

I do hula hoop fitness now but spend most of the hour retrieving my hoop from the floor.

1 Like

@Pam14 i think you have to step out of your comfort zone. I went to a bereavement group a few times, they were all very nice there and friendly. Have you tried something like that maybe?? I also joined a pilates class that i go to each Tues morning. The ladies there go for a coffee after and asked me last week if i wanted to join them. I didnā€™t that week but might go with them tomorrow.
Every little thing you achieve is a start and youā€™ll soon begin to feel proud of what youā€™ve done and your confidence will grow x

3 Likes

Thank you I will try harder to push myself itā€™s just walking into something for the first time

Thank you hopefully I will hopefully get there

Once you do it you will be fine, the 1st time is hardest but it gets easier. If you go and donā€™t enjoy you try something else.

2 Likes

Jimmy always said the first step is the hardestā€¦ and iv learnt how true that is. Weā€™re all here if you need a chat, and are all going through the same thing. Some days will be better than others, i had a tougb one yesterday and just broke down. But todays been better. Keep going, youā€™re stronger than you realise x

4 Likes

I know how you feel i feel the same i lost ny beloved 6 months ago i miss him so much.

Hi Duk45
It is very hard trying to get on with your live without your loved one
I do hope we can get past this and have some sort of live without them and be kind to are selves
Sending you a hug

2 Likes

Thank you very much for replying. Its very much appreciated and helps me a lot.:pray::pray:

1 Like

OMGā€¦i canā€™t believe Iā€™ve done this but booked a 4 night break to Portugal, where we always used to go. I just feel i have to go back just one last time!.. but Iā€™ve got anxiety already and not going to Sept! My first solo tripā€¦ have i done the right thing :man_shrugging: i can do this :pray::pray::pray::pray:
I donā€™t think itā€™s the being there, itā€™s the travelling alone bitā€¦ which is mad as i used to be an air hostess!:rofl: whatā€™s up with me!

2 Likes