Losing husband

@Carol9 :broken_heart::sleepy::heart: xxxxxx

@UnityMan

Thank you & you too :broken_heart::heart:

1 Like

@Mike75
What a thoughtful thing to do! Me and Rich used to visit churches here and abroad and would on occasion light candles for family and friends no longer with us. I found it therapeutic. Will be thinking of you tomorrow and i hope itā€™s not too hard for you . :people_hugging::mending_heart:

3 Likes

Like you I donā€™t think too far ahead, and Iā€™m content with that. I can overload with too much info at once.
My hubby suddenly collapsed Feb 21 - my head has accepted he isnā€™t coming back - but I still expect him to come through the door.
I talk to him just as I did before, moan at having to cope with things that were ā€œhis jobsā€.
Tears are my connection to him, just a bit embarrassing in Asda lift over a bunch of flowers!
The other lady was telling me she always has fresh flowers beside her husbandā€™s photo , we just looked at each other and wept.

G. x

4 Likes

@Grandma
I am sorry for your loss, such a big shock for you.
I understand what you mean when you say that you have accepted your husband is not coming back but you still expect to see him. I feel like that. I know he isnā€™t going to come home but I sometimes think the car will pull up in the drive and he will come into the house, his usual cheerful self, it is so hard.
I still cry every day, the tears are never far away. I do try to be positive as I know he will be upset if he could see me like but it is easier said than done.
It is six months for me now, I canā€™t believe I havenā€™t seen or spoken to him for so long.
Today a charity bag came through the door and I did manage to put some of his clothes in it. I almost felt he was guiding me as to what to put. He was such a smart man and he liked his designer clothes. People have told me to sell some of his things but I canā€™t as I can almost hear him telling me to give them to the charity shop and let someone else get pleasure from them, he was such a kind man.
Keep on talking to your husband, I do and it seems to give me a bit of comfort.
Take care and sending hugs xx

6 Likes

Hi, spot on with my thoughts too. I donā€™t think I would want to get close to anyone again and risk reliving this pain. I just wish I could sense my partner was around me. I did feel it before the funeral but not since. Maybe thatā€™s psychological? Iā€™m pretty sure the love I gave and the love I received was a once in a life time experience but at 60 yrs of age I just want to go now, not struggle through trying to be OK. I value life but still feel like itā€™s over now for me.

2 Likes

Tiffany,
So very sorry for your loss ,
Know how you feel I lost my husband October 2022 suddenly,

I keep asking him to send me signs
I did dream about him the day of the funeral ,and I have smelt cigarettes smoke as he smoked,
But nothing lately ,
Untill you experience losing a loved one ,
No one understands the grief ,
My life is like a rollercoaster,
Take care Big hugs
Sue xx

2 Likes

Why do people think it helps to say ā€œThink of all the things you did, all the memories you madeā€? For me remembering just makes me cry because itā€™s so hard knowing those memories now have a start and an end point. The last few days , for no particular reason, I have been so emotional Iā€™ve cried every few hours and most of the night. I thought I was getting ā€œbetterā€ and now Iā€™m worse than ever.

4 Likes

@Jan71 Iā€™m sorry to hear you are having a bad time. It sometimes needs triggers but sometimes not to set off all the emotions and when these come there is little we can do about it. Easter was like that for me. Thereā€™s nothing to say only that it will pass. I can only send you hugs :people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging: love and support xxxx

3 Likes

Thank you Mike I know we are all, in our own way, finding this so hard and yes it does help to be able to come on here and voice our honest feelings.
I am watching ā€œThatā€™s 60ā€™s The Best Musicā€ and reliving our early days, crying but trying to be grateful for Barryā€™s love of music which sadly makes it equally hard to listen to 40+ decades of music. He LOVED music and we never ever had an ā€œour song ā€œ because it was impossible to choose just one song.

4 Likes

Whoops !!! 4 decades of music not 40!!ā€™nn

2 Likes

@Jan71 It just feels like 40 decades :joy:

2 Likes

Hello
Iā€™m 8 months and 10 days in.
Agree and resonate with all of you.
And it is so so lovely to have found this website where we can read, and leave messages of understanding and support without judgement or without fear of upsetting anyone.
For me the last few days have probably been the worst yet.
Iā€™m hating that I have nothing to look forward to. And Iā€™m so tired of feeling totally exhausted all the time. I donā€™t want to be happy, cos Iā€™m not, and never will be again but Iā€™m also scared of being sad for the rest of my life.
Hugs to you all :hugs:

4 Likes

Cathphil
So very sorry for your loss big hugs ,
Lost my husband Oct 2022
Everyone on this group is so kind and helpful
And understand what we all going through ,
Grief is a horrendous journey
I know some days are so bad and you feel you want to wake up to what seems a bad nightmare ,
Take care
Sue x

3 Likes

I agree entirely with you. I lost my husband of 30 years suddenly 12 weeks ago. It was completely unexpected, he was 60 and Iā€™m 53. I look at other people and I know it isnā€™t right but I think why are they still alive and my husband who looked after himself isnā€™t. The thought of living for another 30 odd years without him is too much to bare and I donā€™t know how Iā€™m going to live my life without him. I feel like a shell, just existing. I wake up each day wishing heā€™d come and get me.

6 Likes

@Pauline03

Grief follows many paths and we have probably all had those same thoughts ā€œwhy me and not themā€. I know I thought it even before my husband passed away after being told his cancer had progressed so much that further treatment was not possible. I used to feel it was so unfair that chemotherapy and immunotherapy worked for others and not him. And I also find it hard to even contemplate time without him (he passed away in September last year) because every day is a day too many.
You will find people here understand your thoughts and feelings completely and itā€™s a place where you can be honest without being judged.

5 Likes

@Cathphil

Have you seen the post with a link about how our brains need to rewire following the loss we have sustained? For me it explained why I was so tired all the time.

Until recently I was sleeping better than I did before losing Richard but now my body (brain mostly I think) has decided to revert to the sleepless nights I had before. I still feel tired all the time though.
Hugs
Karen xxx

4 Likes

Karen F
Totally agree,read that you can get Widows fog, sometimes i loose my thought of concentration,and all i can think about is my husband,nothing else sinks in ,
And i cannot sleep ,
Big hugs take care
Sue xx

1 Like

Thank you everyone.

Dear KarenF, I havenā€™t seen that post you mentioned but will look for it.

You are all rightā€¦itā€™s horrendous that we have to be part of this group, but know Iā€™ve found it , it is so comforting.

I just love the innate trust we can have with each other ā€¦ Cos we get each other.
Like some of you I too am the first in my circle of friends/work colleagues/ family in my generation to have lost a husband/wife. So they canā€™t get it, and neither would I want them to.
Hugs to you all :hugs:

3 Likes

@Pauline03

Iā€™m the same , we know now how life can be taken so quick & although Iā€™m getting through each day , I just keep thinking ( hoping) tomorrow ā€˜couldā€™ be my turn & thatā€™s what is getting me through each day R the moment xxx

4 Likes