Losing my adult son

I lost my adult son 4 months ago and finding things quite difficult. I don’t make appointments now as in the past I’ve had to cancel when I’ve woken up overcome with grief and have been unable to attend

1 Like

Hello @Theia123 ,

I can see that you’re new to the community. I hope you find it to be a support to you, but I am so sorry for the loss of your son that brings you here.

You say you are feeling overwhelmed by grief. I wanted to share some sources of support that might help you right now.

• Child Bereavement UK support families with the loss of a child. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.

• The Compassionate Friends support families who have lost a child of any age. You can call them on 0345 123 2304

Sue Ryder also has some resources which can help you cope with grief.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hi,
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my son 2 months ago and am feeling heartbroken too xx

1 Like

Hi so sorry to hear of your heart breaking , I lost my son on the 5 th December and it’s such a hard road to walk

Hi it really is, i just dont know how to get through it to be honest. My son died suddenly, cardiac arrest, he was 33. How old was your son?

Hi hi Hi , my son was 42 years old and left 2 children aged 8 and 6
He had Glyoblastoma

1 Like

Everyday is so tough isnt it. Is that a type of cancer? Oh no they must be heart broken too

Hi , yes it’s a very fast growing tumour , he was diagnosed on the 1st September and passed away on the 5th of December

It must be so hard for you, especially with the little ones. Have you been offered any counselling? Im trying to find some, am hoping it will help in some small way.

Hi thank you , I’ve not had any counselling yet
Just taking one day at a time

Hi, i feel like i need some counselling just to try to get through the day. I find it hard to sleep. I have found an online group called the compassoinate friends i think it was set up by a bereaved parent.

1 Like

Hi ladys so sorry for your loss .the heartbreak we are all going through i lost my son sam april 2021 .to sarcoma a very rare cancer he was 24 .this life is cruel at first your in shock such trauma .baby steps your good to get up in the mornings .its a lonely road but this site has really helped . Come on rant say any thing you want your on a rollercoaster .lost son at 27 is good on here . Loads of people with lost children . Always some one to talk to .we all different councilling wasnt for me .just remember our children are always in our heart pockets big hugs to you zoe xxx

Hi Zoe,
Thank you so much,so sorry for your loss too, it is so traumatic. I dont feel im able to function properly . Work are asking about going back and i cant see how ill get there, im exhausted from crying so much. Ashley is always in my heart, big hugs to you. Xxx

Hi , it’s good we can meet others thro this network. When you hear the comments of others it’s comforting to know that what I’m feeling and crying making awful noises that it’s actually normal
It’s only been 5 months since we lost our son and I’m finding things really difficult, it’s so good to talk to others who

Yes it is good to talk .ny partner doesnt but i want to . You have to go at your own pace . Grief affects everyone differently . Just do what you want dont try to please others .if you cant face work dont go . This wirld hs cruel our children should not of gone before us xx

Same my husband doesnt talk much not even to me really, its so lonely. Youre so right its such a cruel world they should be here with us. My son would have been getting married next month. Xx

Hi a friend said to me grief is like snowflakes each one is different

Yes everyone grieves differently dont they

Hi yes they do we just need to go at the pace that’s best for us and not look at others who maybe further on than ourselves x

Thats true, its such a tough journey and we are all going to feel differently at different times. I went to pick up a prescription yesterday and just sat in my car screaming, today so sad x