Losing my adult son

Hi , yes it’s hard , it’s my husband’s birthday today and I just sat in my car and screamed, first one without our son

That it so so tough for you, its horrendous isnt it? My birthday was 9 days after my son died. It just heaps even more hurt and sorrow x

1 Like

Hi everyone ,im new to this page . I list my 26 yr old daughter in january . It just gets harder doesnt it :heart:

1 Like

I feel your pain i lost my daughter to sarcoma ,she was 26 x

Hi so very sorry you find yourself on here so sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter. Was she ill for long this world is wicked our children are not ment to go before us. I cant lie and say it gets easier . You just learn to live with it beside you .it’s so wrong on every level always here sending you big hugs love zoe :heart:

She had cancer 4 times ,all sarcoma until they couldnt fix it anymore. Ten year she fought all in . But im aure you know all the stuff that comes with it ,scans ,appointments, chemo ,operations etc . Its so shit our children suffer . We would all have gladly swapped places with them . How long was youre son ill for ? Xx

Oh thats awful .all they go through . Sam had a pain in his thigh .for a short while we thought he had sciatica .he got told in the jan and died in the april four months .they said pallative care .sam said no chemo it wouldnt of made a difference it was covid going to the marsden for radiotherapy was enough . Its a very cruel disease x

Thats where jades started ,in her femur and then secondary in her lung /chest wall. Lost of bits removed and replaced over the years . I guess we were lucky that we had her for as long but it sure doesnt feel like it most days . Do you have other chidren x

I know its shocking no matter how they go its cruel the shock jf it broke me sams was in his lungs his spine .it dont make sense …yes i have a daughter she 31. Jess she misses sam like crazy they was best friends sam was a quite boy never went out alwafs with his sister the best uncle ever jess has 3 children without them i wouldnt survive . Xx

Do you have other children your still in shock such early days for you and uour family .such trauma always remember jade will always be with you in uour heart pocket :heart:

Yeah another daughter who is 25 but its hard to show how i truly feel with family because they are grieving too . I have great friends but im sure everyone thinks I should be felling better but in fact im feeling worse in some ways . I just feel so sad and tired . I cant imagine this is now gonna be the rest of my life . When i think of her hard i get tightness in my chest ,its horrific x

Oh my its such early days i renember that feeling the pain that will get better with time your on a rollercoaster right now dont be hard on your self this new norm is shit .the hurt so wrong .people annoy ne because they dont talk aout sam .he did exist .and i love to talk about him two years on his bedroom is how he left it xxx

You can talk to me about him ,i will always listen . Yeah i love talking about jade but not to family ,its too painful and friends maybe will get fed up . They dint understand di they ,they cant possibly imagine xx

Im so sorry for your loss, its unbelievably hard. I cant believe this is my life now either. I wish it had been me, it seems so pointless. So cruel and people stay away cus i think they dont know what to say to me

What age was your son ? How long has it been for you ?i honestly cant figure out how i can live like this ,wth that twisted feeling in your stomach and tightness in your chest and the tears are never far away are they ? I still cry every day x

1 Like

He was 33, he passed on March 12th. No me either, exactly the pain is unbearable isnt it. All the time, me too, cant seem to function at all. X

Im honestly at a loss ,im in despair ,cant think of a different way to put it x

I am too, despair and desolate, really struggling too. My GP has been no help. X

Im in scotland amd trying to get a GP appointment is impossible but im gonna try get one tomorrow. I had 6 counselling sessions but spent most of them in tears . Im gonna get some more counselling ,i just want someone to make me feel better . Have you had counselling x

Hi ladys its such early days that sick gutty feeling you wake and your in fear is it real i hate to say but the feeling i feel now two years on is hes not coming back its so real now the pain eases but the longing never goes . Because from finding out about sam jan 13 th he lasted till 27th april he passed at home it was my mums birthday hope she was waiting for him.i couldnt function i still dont sleep .my doctor gave me sleeping tablets and duazapan to kalm me i also have antidepressants. You have to do whats right for you .its a lonely road to walk . But we have to try so now ive started doing things again . Talk to me anytime …mum…12 th of march was my sams birthday .that qas cruel to have a birthday becoming 25 and knowing that would be his last . Xx