Losing my adult son

Tell ne about Jade what did she do .she must of been brave all that shes been through thats cruel in itself . My sam was so brave he asked how long he had .he never moaned he never cried he was our superhero …this is how cruel life is my daughter found a mass in her face two days after sams funeral had to have major surgery in ger mouth . It was awful during covid and tested to see if it was cancer is there a god who knows xx

MumA what about your beautiful son what did he do what a rerrible shock for you iur children had there whole lifes a head of them xx

He had a cardiac arrest, took an ambulance 12 minutes but too late, its heartbreaking as you say they had their whole lives ahead of them, so very cruel. Xx

Jade was the bravest person i know ,she never asked WHY ME ,she just put up with all the radiotherapy ,numerous sessions of chemo,femur replaced ,hop joint replaced ,two parts of lung removed ,chest drains in. I wouldnt have dine all she did . When she got terminal diagnosis 19 mnths ago she planned her own funeral ,even songs she wanted ,sorted out her insurance and beneficiarys . She worked for SKYTV and they were amazing the whole way through xx

Thats soo sad :broken_heart:

I was tidying out a cupboard the other day and found pair of boots that belonged to her and it started the tears yet again . TBH everything and nothing starts the tears . I know grief is grief but i read somewhere that losing a child is a severe form of grief and im sorry i dont mean that with any disrespect for anyone . I lost my grandparents and then my dad 10yrs ago but this is a whole new pit of grief ,for me anyway xx

What an amazing brave girl Jade was, heartbreaking enduring all of that and sorting all her own arrangements. I think they call it complex grief, whatever name, it is a massive black pit xx

Yeah youre right ,that is what its called . Was your son ill before his cardiac arrest or was it out of the blue x

Oh my poor jade poor you . Bloody cruel why put someone through all that to take her anyway . Bless her heart :heart:

Mum A … such a shock for you they say its ptsd . Its the worse thing grief of loosing our children…

My sam had open heart surgery at birth his main heart valves was round the wrong way . Born in london guys hospital . One in three babys die but we bought him home after two months .why didnt they take him then life is so hard i suppose i should be thankful i had him for 25 years big hugs . I hope with time uour pain eases xxx zoe :broken_heart:

I wish i was at the stage i felt lucky . My head says were were lucky to have her but my heart still feels it wasnt long enough. Zoe do you think it gets harder as time goes on because it really sinks in that youll never speak land see them again ? Does the longing get worse? What are we all gonna do ladies :broken_heart:

No our children deserved a life there not ment to go before us Dont know how to explain that fear that pain in your tummy the shock goes . But the sadness the longing for my boy hurts me so bad . The wanting a hug the laughter my friend i miss all that . I have big days of sadness but we cant change it this vile card we have been dealt . . Because you still think there coming back . I feel angry that this has happened and being on this site has made me reliaze theres so many of us . How can that be right xx

Its not right and youre right ,thete are too many of us on here :broken_heart:i kept the clothes she was wearing when she died,is that weird? Tell me about your son xx

No thats not wierd . I have sams clothes .all his trainers .sam had. A cuddly dog since he was two i take it with me if i go away . Kiss him night every night . Anything goes.sam supported arsenal he had a arsenal blanket .sam was in the funeral parlour nearly amonth .i sat with him every day playing music chatting .even dozed with him the lady who looked after him opened on a saturday so i could see him . People prob thought me mad .sam was very quite homely .he didnt work but very happy and sensible the kindest soul xx

Guess you were up early this morning like me :roll_eyes:yeah jade didnt like being away from home too much and was very much about family . She had sunglasses that were engraved on the legs - it said “family love” in a way we are all a bit mad arent we :sweat_smile: i dont talk to her anymore ,i dint think she can hear me . I did in the very early days ,used to sit in the dark willing her to come see me . I collected her ashes and took her a drive in her car for one last time . That was lovely what you did ,sitting with him every day :heart:

What did you do with Jades ashes .coz sam was a homebird i have him at home . …you should talk to her i believe but everyones different. Few things have happened to make ne think there some where to good for this world xxx

I have her ashes at home in her old bedroom ,i bought a nice wee wooden box with birds on it ,she liked pretty things . I did talk to her but now i jyst cant ,i dont know why . People keep saying "she would be so proud of you ,your so brave " Firstly i have no option ,brave doesnt come onto it and she cant be proud because shes not here . I think i may be going into the angry phase of grief . Just want to rell everyone to go away and stop talking shit when they have no idea (sorry for the rant) :heart:

Do you believe theres something/somewhere after this life xx

Did Sam beleve in something beyond this world♥️

Its crazy grief has changed me so much always been tolerent.kind .im now more angry wont put up with peoples shit .you really reliaze who your friends are .they think come on ,zoe its two years well they can f off feels like yesterday . Dont know if sam believed . But i do xx

Well said Zoe :clap: my Councillor said,'You knew her for 26yrs so how can get ovef the grief in a few months"
I hadnt thought about it like that but it makes sense. But society says otherwise ,it seems to put a time limit on how long we can cry and be sad for xx