Losing my brother

Hi everyone x I lost my brother 2 weeks ago to a very short battle of lung cancer x he was a non smoker and it has all come as a complete shock x is there anyone out there who understands x

1 Like

Hello @Janie6 ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling shocked. I’m so sorry to hear about your brother. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You might also want to have a read of this Sue Ryder Article - Sibling loss: Coping with death of your sister or brother | Sue Ryder

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hi @Janie6 - sorry to hear of your brothers passing.
Cancer is indeed a difficult one, as is a sudden passing.
I hope you will find comfort in speaking with others on the forum who have experienced similar grief.
I myself lost my brother 2 years ago to a sudden heart attack, and lost my wife on April 4th to pancreatic cancer, with her funeral service on 17th.
There is definitely understanding here.

May he rest in peace

Hi Blake x first of all I would like to say how sorry I am to hear about your beloved wife and brother x thank you for reaching out it brings comfort x I will be thinking of you x

1 Like

Hello Janie6, I am so so sorry for your loss i lost my only sibling Feb 14th 2023 with Lung cancer also, it was a sarcoma in his leg, but it spread. If you like to reply or pm me here, please feel free. I don’t know what help I can be, but like you I am devastated, even now, my brother used to live here with me. This group is wonderful support too. Wishing you best wishes, it’s easy to say stay strong, it is still very early in your loss. We are all here for you

Hello Blake I just would like to say I am so sorry for the loss of your wife and brother. This is a very supportive group. Sending you best wishes

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry for your loss.

It’s just such a shock he was only 49 and himself a nurse x

He leaves behind a wife and my mother who is 82. I feel I’m grieving for them too x thanks for listening xxxxxx

Xxx

1 Like