Losing my husband

I lost my husband to lung cancer 5 weeks ago .im struggling .i dont know what to do .im constantly crying and missing him loads .i blame myself .feel i should of protected him more .

5 Likes

So sorry for your loss .Its 6 weeks tomorrow. for me he was diagnosed nov 2021 stage 4 lung cancer fought bravely to live i know a bit of how you feel sending hugs xx

2 Likes

Please dont feel guilty you carnt protect anyone from getting cancer xx

1 Like

Sorry for your loss too .my husband was misdiagnosed .he missed 9 months of treatment .by August last year it was too advanced to do anything .makes me angry

1 Like

Dealing with anger is one of the worst parts of this . My husband died from Covid, which he caught in the hospital after a week of treatment for something else that was going well. I was beside myself with anger. I’m trying to accept it. I can’t say I have, but that feeling of anger is worse than the knowledge it needn’t have happened, that feeling is all-consuming and it’s not going to change anything, so acceptance is all there is at the end of this road.

2 Likes

I’m feeling rage at the moment. Spend a lot of my time swearing at cancer for taking a good man away from his barely adult children who he adored and who adored being with him. I also spend a lot of time thinking it should have been me rather than him. He was such an amazing husband and dad. so much fun to be around ( I was always the sensible one) it’s only been 4 weeks and 3 days of this horrible existence without him. I wish I could believe it gets easier to cope with but I kind of know I’ll be heartbroken forever now.

5 Likes

Im so sorry for your loss .this horrible disease doesnt care who it takes .who it affects .the loss we feel is un measurable .knowing we have lost wonderful and amazing husbands and fathers doesnt make it feel right .no one should go through this .hugs to you and your family x

1 Like

Morning Francie how are feeling its still early days for us i.I find lonliness hardest to deal with my family are abroad one friend.But no one to go out with so no days out or holidays anymore i suppose i will just get used to this existence its awful xx

2 Likes

Hi .the loneliness is awful .i have no family close by . No one to go away with anymore .this time last year i was sorting kevs 60th for the August. Looking forward to a family and friends holiday to greece. This year nothing .why are so cruel at times .i dont think i will ever adjust

1 Like

I know Franky 56.You dont even think about it like it always happens to somebody else .You loose your future with that person .my Grey was only 68 fit guy .They were checking the nodules on his lungs once a year till covid and it was every 2 years i get angry that if covid didnt happen he could still be here i wish .Hows your day so far .I dont cry every day now but every day is the same lonliness is crippling xxx

1 Like

Nearly 4 months now. The shock is gone . It’s normal now for him not to be here. I still cry every day though usually more than once, some days are really bad, I can’t/don’t want to do anything. I think I might have stopped wishing I would die and am trying to do and think about things that involve a future. Still can’t take steps to renew my passport though. Can’t imagine ever going abroad again. But my sister, who lost her husband 6 years ago, has just been on holiday abroad with a new man friend. People obviously do make a new life for themselves. It obviously just takes a lot of years and involves a great deal of pain.

1 Like

Hi .im really not coping well .i cant accept he is gone .just had a phone call to say his ashes are ready .i feel so empty .so lonely .i dont know if i want to carry on .

2 Likes

Oh Frankey56 ive felt the same some days too i realy have its such early days .when i was feeling like that i was ringing macmillan help line they were good .I know you said you were going on a holiday to Greece with family too .So maybe Give a family member a ring .Im on here all the time has are lots of others who know just what this feels like .So please dont think your alone your not .Reach out to us we will support you big hugs for you xxx

1 Like

Hi thankyou for your kindness .the holiday was last year .had a phone call today to say his ashes are ready .i will bring him home .its going to be so hard . Im just falling apart .i remember the good times we had on our holiday .spoilt him as he deserved the best .our wedding anniversary is coming up next month .thats going to hard …thankyou fot being there x

2 Likes

Hi Frankie56 thinking of you hope today is a bit better day im on here loads its my lif e line so talk anytime il always reply xxx

1 Like

Morning .still feeling very low today .i just cant deal with this . I hurt so much . I just cant seem to snap out of it x

Hi franky56 its such a short time for you so i think all.your feeling is understandable im 6 weeks in and still feel so alone and sad but i just hope in time things will be easier .Greys ashes are bk on tuesday .Im going to try and go for a walk today havnt been out for 4 days il be alone but we have to look after ourselves best we can hugs to you xxx

1 Like

Hi .hope you manage to get your walk .its also the anniversary of my mums passing today .ive booked a nail appointment for tomorrow. But staying home today .sending you big hugs xx

2 Likes

We couldn’t have my husband’s funeral until 7 weeks for different reasons. When they contacted me about fetching the ashes, about a week or more later, I couldn’t do it. I put it off. I think the Crem are used to that. I eventually got a good friend to go with me. I’m glad I did. They are much heavier than I imagined as well. I walk with a stick and so my younger, stronger friend carried them.

1 Like

Hi frankie went for a walk and feel better for it tbh .Good your getting your nails done .im 71 and feel ive aged since gray died. How long ago did your mum die .I lost my mum in 1971i was only 19 she was 41 so robbed . Hugs to you xx