Losing two parents

Hi,
My parents died 9 years ago and I still am grieving I have a lot of anger issues with it I think
Kim

Kim10,
I’m so sorry that you’ve waited so long for a reply. Sue Ryder has a councilling service, which you might find useful. It’s free.

Hi @Kim10

As Daffy mentions, there is always help available for people struggling with bereavement and there is no time limit on grief.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of loved ones and will understand some of what you are going through.

Please take time to read through the various discussions here, as there others with a similar experience to share. This thread was started quite recently and may be of interest, for example: 3 years on.

I hope you find the care and support you need and deserve Kim10, we are always here for you.

Best wishes

Mick
Online Community team

Hi,
Thank you
Kimberley

Hi,
That’s ok no problem
Kimberley

1 Like

I have same. five years and miss them terribly. you do not get over it. counseling is a good idea.

Hi Kim,

I’d definitely recommend the SR Counselling Service.

I lost my Mum and Dad within 7 months of each other, Dad in July 2019 and Mum in Feb 2020. I really struggled and my partner, Paul, said I needed professional help and I did not want to go to my GP. I referred myself to the SR Counselling Service and found the sessions (face to face online) to be great support. Sadly I Paul passed away in April this year and I have again referred myself to the SRCS and am on their waiting list.

Do it, as it’s well worth while to have someone professional to talk it through with.

Best wishes

that is a lot of loss.

I am so sorry. I see a counselor and it helps to ground me.