Loss is all encompassing, but who really cares.

I lost my husband just over a year ago. Like you I am 70. And live in Scotland. Have joined groups which are mostly widows but still sad and d lonely and finding it. Hard to move forward with a different life.

5 Likes

@Deb5
Ahh Deb. Sorry itā€™s a bad day for you. All of the ā€œfirstsā€ without our loved ones by our side are so hard.
The last video I have of my husband is on his birthday last August when I ordered him a surprise afternoon tea at home. It took me ages to be able to look at it but when I did I could see he looked ill. It was one of the rare days he was home. He was back in hospital the next day.
I hope you manage to have a good evening.
Sending hugs xxx

4 Likes

@John1066
How shocking and disrespectful. To message you and say that your wife had promised them money, that is unbelievable. You are much better off without them in your life.
It just shows peopleā€™s true colours. I wonder what will happen to them when they have to deal with the loss of their loved one.
Sending you a hug xx

3 Likes

Thanks @Alir and @Rome18 for your good wishes. Had a lovely time and it was such a good idea. The restaurant was Italian and it was so cosy and friendly ! Even got a complimentary lemoncello for ride home and we all toasted my husband and sang happy birthday to him - so glad we did it ! xx

4 Likes

@Deb5
So pleased to hear that you had a good night. I think it was lovely that you all sang happy birthday to your husband, how sweet of your grand daughter to think of doing that,bless her.
Hope you are still o.k. Your husband would be proud of you as you went out and celebrated his birthday.
Big hugs xxx

4 Likes

Thank ypu @Alir and yeh i know was lovely of my granddaughter ā€¦ bless her ! Youngest grandchild too ā€¦ shes lovely :slight_smile: been down since then though ā€¦ gone down again -realising the big love i have lost :frowning: trying to keep going and saw one of my doggy friends today. Lovely lady - so that cheered me up a bit ! xx

3 Likes

@Deb5
Itā€™s hard isnā€™t it? One day we can feel not too bad then like you say, we go down again. It is realising what we have lost and what our life is like now without our lovely husbands.
It is good that you got out though and met someone nice today.
Hope your evening is not too bad and tomorrow is a better day. xx

4 Likes

Thank you @Alir watching ā€œthe wheelā€ love that and just watched strictly :wink: xx

2 Likes

@Deb5
I havenā€™t watched anything on the t,v yet but will go on catch up soon. Might have a late night as I am on my own for the day tomorrow and it will be a long day if I get up too early.
Enjoy ā€œthe wheelā€. xx

4 Likes

Do you listen to music ? I did that a lot in those early days ! Thatā€™s soothing i found Xx

2 Likes

@Deb5
Sometimes I do but I havenā€™t just lately. I used to have the radio on all the time when Ron was here but now I hardly listen to it. I suppose it reminds me of the days when my life was so good.
It will be a year in three weeks time since he passed away. I have realised that I have lived on my own now since the end of August last year as he was in hospital for eight weeks before he died. Canā€™t believe I have lived on my own for so long. I still donā€™t like it. xx

6 Likes

Yeh be coming up to 10 months for me ā€¦ i cant believe ive lived by myself all that time either ! Crap innit !!! Xxx

4 Likes

@Deb5
It sure is. :disappointed: xx

3 Likes

Everything about it is awful, especially coming home and he isnā€™t here.

7 Likes

I got my puppy for that reason ā€¦ thank god ! Good decision that was ! She is so loving tbh but some days miss a human to talk to :frowning: xx

2 Likes

Yeh ā€¦ i know ā€¦ i just miss the chats and a cuddle :frowning: xxx

2 Likes

@Deb5
I know what you mean. I donā€™t have any pets.
I talk to my husband a lot, just wish I could hear his voice once more.xx

5 Likes

I miss everything . Whatever have we done to suffer like this?
I hope you all sleep well. Xx

4 Likes

Deb5, it sure is crap & I canā€™t see me ever getting used it.

5 Likes

@Rome18 @Deb5
Itā€™s not fair is it?
I hope you both have a good nightā€™s sleep too.
I have decided to go up to bed and read instead of watching the t.v.
Night, night xx

5 Likes