Loss my mum

January 9th , my world came crashing down, my mum passed away, unexpectedly age 78 to covid, she had not been out for months as diabetic and then the week before she got ill she had a hospital appointment and I wheeled her in there!!!
Funeral is not till the 23rd February , i have a loving close family but not being with them due to the lockdown is torture, i do cry but i feel like if i really let go and sob i won’t be able to get a grip, i actually am physically sick and can’t breath when i get that upset, I’m arranging her funeral as my sister who would have been has been very ill with covid too…i am signed off sick from work as i could not cope with that too …heartbroken.

Hello Jreynol2.

I’m so sorry to hear about the very recent passing of your Mum . It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment and you are feeling overwhelmed.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

Another good place to get support is Cruse Bereavement, they offer a helpline, email support, and counselling and support groups through their local services: 0808 808 1677, helpline@cruse.org.uk, http://www.cruse.org.uk/bereavement-services.

I hope everything goes ok at the Funeral.

Take care,

Audrey,

Online Community team