Loss of my soulmate

Hi Geoff
All of your words, apart from the holiday, ring true with me, Izzy wanted her ashes scattered in a wood when the bluebells are out, as they were her favourite, she had lymphoma and passed four and a half weeks ago. I feel as if I can’t carry on but all I can hear her say, as she did when a problem arose is “Pull your big pants on and get on with it” so on goes the pants and Im not going to let her down, we have to keep their memory alive, as hard as it is, we must,
stay strong.

5 Likes

I just ordered the book after your recommendation…and reading the reviews…thank you

2 Likes

Oh brilliant ! I thought it was really good ! I hoped you enjoy it ! Xx

1 Like

Thanks…I just finished You Are Not Alone by Cariad Lloyd…that was helpful…don’t feel any better but it helps to know what I’m feeling is kinda normal

2 Likes

Ah … very good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi i to am new on here my wife just passed three weeks ago and my feelings are very similar to yours, its heart breaking and im not going to tell uou it will get easier though its been 3 weeks I’m still waiting for her to come through the door .

3 Likes

Aw yeh i know … its hard isnt it ? I used to hear him talking to me all the time … could jear his voice. You take good care of yourself and be very kind to yourself. Its only 3 weeks and its very early days. I hope you are being supported by family or friends too :slight_smile:

Yes got great family round me , hope you have as well

Three weeks is such early days. I am at 12 weeks now and things have got a lot better. I have been through every emotion possible. Some things I still struggle with and probably always will. Hope your journey is not too bumpy along the way xx

2 Likes

I am so sorry you had to join this site @Paul1oo having so recently lost your wife. I lost my husband 10 weeks ago now and I have found the people on here so understanding, supportive and compassionate, and it really has helped. I have a really good family and great friends who are so caring, however I know they are going through their own pain of losing their dad, and I don’t want them to be worried about me. So posting on here allows me to express how I truly feel and gain hope from others that with time and patience the sun will rise again. I wish you well as you start your journey too. Keep positing xxxx

6 Likes

Ha not really … but my mum being fine … as for my siblings ! Useless !!,

Sorry for your loss, it’s a road no one wants to travel its heart breaking but alot of us have to pull on our boots and walk that road and when we need a lift stick that thumb out and hitch a ride , there are plenty of good people who want to help .

6 Likes