Loss of our son aged 27

We too have lots of photos of Lisa and them both together as children. Jemma’s graduation photo is opposite Lisa’s 6th year photo taken the same year. I have balanced them all so Jemma doesn’t feel upset.
It’s difficult to get it right whatever we do though.
Sending love.
Kate xx

I find it hard to look at photos of Gemma as I get upset and panicky so I don’t have any of her out.
Yesterday was Gemma’s birthday. I had bought a few pots of narcissi as she loved flowers and nature. I asked Tiffany if she would like to come with me and she said ‘no as it was too upsetting’. Anyway she changed her mind so we went together and Tiffany said she was so pleased she came and somehow we both felt so much better, calmer and more peaceful. xxx

1 Like

When writing my last post I was just thinking how sometimes we can surprise ourselves even through these difficult times x

1 Like

Christian was a computer designer he lived and breathed computers. in his old bedroom there is a large walk- in wardrobe and it’s full of old computers and all the equipment that goes with them, I can’t bear to sort it out so it is as Christian left it… so I knew if he was
sent me a sign it would be somehow computer related… a few months after he had died I switched on my laptop went into photos and in the midst of them was an old photo of Christian I don’t ever remember putting there…now whether it had been there all the time I’m not sure but to me It was Christian sending me a sign…xxx

2 Likes

Oh i am sure it must have been Marina . i know we have had a few signs in the past , especially on Mothers day shortly after Dawn passed ,my mobile started playing music ,something i never bother about , and shortly after our small pendilem clock was on its back ,but when my husband came home work he told when he left at 6.30 it was upright . So we must keep looking . Maddie xx

Dear Wynn, Marina and everyone

I used to think time was taking me away from Henry- each day was taking me further away.

Then I realised each day is closer to me taking my last breath so I’m getting closer too.

That thought always helps me.

Hope it makes sense and brings some comfort.

Love to you all.

Purple xx

3 Likes

I know what you mean but I know my job here is not done. I had an asthma attack in July 2000 on the way back from Mull. As luck would have it we left on the Friday instead of Saturday as Jemma was going to her first T in the Park. When we reached the village I said to Alan to take me to the surgery then get Jemma to the bus.
Luckily my dear friend was the Doctor on duty and she swiftly called an ambulance and then phoned Alan to let him know. I knew things were bad when I saw all these faces around my bed, working getting lines in etc. I survived but I remember seeing Alan and Lisa then just, standing at the end of the bed, Lisa looking terrified. Luckily Jemma was on her way to the festival and had no idea.
So… I survived and I know now that I have a job to do. Guiding Brooke to womanhood, watching over Jemma and growing old with Alan. Eventually Lisa will give me a call!

With love Kate xxx

1 Like

Hi Deborah,

I am so glad you have had some signs your daughter qill always be with you.

xxHelen

Hello Anne,

They let you know ecaxtly what they are happy with. They will use eletric, radio facebook and any other that they can manipulate.

I have had mant signs from Sam on FB, and his best friend is an IT Consultant so I asked him how can that happen (with a particular time) he never had an answer. It would be one of his friends had posted on FB and yet Sam had liked it? so I knew …xxHelen

1 Like

Dear Kate

Goodness you were lucky- what a thing to happen.

I’m the same - I’ve still lots to do in life with my grandchildren. But I know the time is flying by and one day I will fly too.

We were so blessed and still are…it’s just the missing of them never eases.

Love and hugs
Purple x

Helen i don’t think I would have believed it if it hadn’t have happened to me. Also I find myself randomly switching over to a tv programme to find someone starting talking about losing a loved one…just lots of coincidences. I hope my boy is still with me in some way, I miss him terribly and have thrown myself into decorating and gutting ever inch of my flat as it stops me thinking about him…that is just too painful to to for too long
I’m so glad for you that Sam has found a way to show you he is still with you.
Sending hugs Anne xxx

Dear Maddie,
Ì have so many pictures of Matt all around the house and asked my two daughters if its ok as I didn’t know if they were upset by seeing him everywhere I have a few of the three of them together at different ages but mainly pictures of Matt because as you say we still have our other children , so I understand why you put another picture of Dawn out and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it as long as it brings you comfort :heart::pray:
Take care love Michelle xxx

Thankyou Michell, it take me 5 months to put out any photos of Dawn as i found it really painful looking at her lovely face , ,and just wanted to cry.But in the end after everyone moaning at me ,especially John ,i put them out . And now i cant look at them enough, i kiss her good night ,and good morning every day ,and we always take part of her on holiday and her photo. Take care Maddie xx

2 Likes

I look at the photos and its like matt us looking back at me, it’s like he’s here with us i have them in every room I also take one on holiday also have one at work, its not for everyone but for me personally its a great comfort, take care Maddie :heart:
Love Michelle xxx

1 Like

I have a picture of Lisa with Brooke on my lock screen and Lisa as my home page. She is always with me.

With love

Kate xxx

1 Like

Always Kate , lets face it thats all we have , just to keep them as close as possible
With Love MAaddie xx

2 Likes

Hi Kate, Pirple Maddie and Michelle,

Like you all I have all my photo’s out, some with his elder brother Geraint and some on his own. One which is near his urn is of John and Sam at the rugby having a pint (actually they did look like they’d had a few!!) it was at the end of October 2016, he died on the 9th December. I also have the one of me and Sam taking a walk in the November, John took the photo. I have a small photo done into acrylic so that it’s light to take away. Like you all its all I have but I am so lucky to have had Sam in my life albeit too short.![IMG_0033|640x480].
I know that when I close my eyes for the last time Sam will be there to show me the way.(upload://thMMjaHd84KWbRMCqk2WDgQJ0Wa.jpeg)

Love Helen

2 Likes

IMG_0033

4 Likes

Such a lovely photograph with your lovely boy . So precious :heart::pray:
Sending my love, Michelle xxx

1 Like

Hi all
I am drinking far too much lately. My daughter leaves about 530 to collect her partner from the station and then a little while later out comes the bottle of wine. I am finding it harder each day to cope. I had someone come to valet my car today and he said he was a fireman and did this on the side. It took me right back to the day of the accident when I was told fireman had to cut my daughter out of the car. I just broke down poor guy. I miss her so much and I dont want to go on without her.
Deborah xxx

2 Likes