Loss of our son aged 27

This is Dawns pot in the garden , where I can look and talk to her every day .

1 Like

Thats lovely Maddie. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing you tomorrow xx

That is lovely Maddie. I have been feeling sad also the last few days. Have a lovely time with Deborah tomorrow (wish I could be there) but hopefully meet up with some of us soon. Much love xxx

1 Like

Hi Maddie and all friends. Just back from lunch with Jamie and Brooke. She had her usual sleepover and Jamie said could we all go for lunch as today is the anniversary. It was lovely and Brooke went play in the play are after her food.
She went home with Jamie as he is now on 2 weeks holiday.
So Alan and I popped into Lidl on our way home. Standing at the checkout we both looked at our watches at the same time. 1.55 exactly. Jemma is back in Edinburgh but text to say that for some reason she checked her watch at 1.55.
This was the minute our Lisa was pronounced. I can still hear the Doctor s voice as if it was here and now.
So I am sitting in the sunshine in our garden where I sat with Lisa the day before they went on holiday. She was so excited and also stressed about the wedding flowers I was having to take over to the bride the next day. Little did we know it would be our last proper time together. Life is cruel but somehow we manage to keep going.

Love to all.

Kate xx

2 Likes

Hello Kate , thinking of you on this Lisa anniversary , such a sad day . You always remember every little the thing every minute before and after . How could we not itā€™s etched into our brains . . Itā€™s ironic that you all looked at you watched at the same time . After Dawn passed we both woke up at 2.15 am for months , the time that she left us , we just could not understand it . And a month after had a visitation dream of Dawn so real and she looked so well . And a few months later our lovely grandson had the same dream , and descibed her exactly the same , down to what she was wearing and her hair looked beautiful. I so wish it would happen again Sending love Maddie xx

2 Likes

Thankyou. We are OK. Two very close friends coming round later. Our children grew up with theirs. We will have a toast.
Life goes on.

Love to you dear girl.

Kate xx

1 Like

Dear Maddie

Iā€™m so sorry youā€™re feeling sadā€¦I know it comes but never truly goes away.

Time flies though and thinking one day we will be reunited with our beautiful children helps me so much.

I hope you feel a little lighter tomorrow.

Much love
Purple

1 Like

Dear all, Iā€™m sorry you are having a sad day, Maddie. I will be thinking of you and Deborah tomorrow and I look forward to meeting her too.
Kate, I have been thinking of you all today and I am very proud of how you have spent your day. Such a tribute to your lovely Lisa.
Like Purple, the thought of seeing Gemma again one day is what keeps me going too.
I was reflecting this morning on how I was in the early days after we lost Gems and suddenly realised how far I have come. I never thought I would make it to be honest and you have all played a huge part in helping me and pulling me up during my dark days. Hoping we all have a good week xxx

2 Likes

Thankyou Purple, yes it certainly does come in waves, that some days I just stop thinking about Dawn. , and still cannot except that she has left us. I am sure we will see are loved ones again. I hope you are coping ,but sure you must have your bad days. With love Maddie xx

Victoria, you are right we have come so far surviving without , our children, when at the time it didnā€™t seem possible to carry on another day without then Take care see you soon . Love Maddie xx

3 Likes

Dear Kate, youā€™ve managed to get through Lisaā€™s anniversary. It will never be anything but difficult for us all, no matter how many times it comes around.
Lisa will be so proud of you.
We are staying in Devon for a week. Thereā€™s so many lovely sights to see. Itā€™s in my head constantly how much Jo is missing, places she should be going and what she should be enjoying. You are right, life is so cruel.
Love Chris xx

2 Likes

Dear Lisa,
Thinking of you today, somehow God only knows we manage to get through :pray: also the fact you have your precious little Brooke who Iā€™m sure is a constant reminder of your beautiful Lisa :heart:
Itā€™s lovely to hear from everyone as I have also been feeling very low and knowing you are not alone certainly helps, Madfie Dawnā€™s pot looks beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Sending all my love to you all.
Michelle xxxx

2 Likes

Dear friends, thankyou all for your kind words. It turned out to be a day of laughter, not sadness. Lunch with our son in law and his darling Brooke. What a fantastic Daddy he is. So loving and kind, listening intently to her wee stories. He is one good man.
In the evening our closest friends came round and we drank champagne. Our children were all the same age when we moved here 30 years ago. Lots of memories. One in particular made us laugh till we could hardly breathe.
We were all on the playgroup committee and were constantly trying to raise funds. So a few weeks before Christmas, must have been around 1992 I think, we organised a coach to take folk in the village to Stirling Christmas shopping. It was so funny on the trip back, we had run out of drinks and were all ripping apart Xmas gift boxes we had bought that had liquers or spirits in them. My only contribution was a box of liquer chocolates! We were all legless when the coach pulled into the village, all exiting the bus with bags full of ripped up xmas packages!
Needless to say we booked for the the following year.

It surprised me just how much I laughed. Lisa would have too I am sure of it.

Sending love,

Kate xxx

1 Like

Hi Kate
Thank You for such an inspirational post ,sometimes when these anniversaries come around you feel almost guilty when you find yourself laughing, but it is what our children would wantā€¦Christian never liked to see me sad he would say (cheer up Mum you have got me) and I still haveā€¦ our children are in our hearts and they will always be there forever. ā€¦so tomorrow when it is Christianā€™s birthday there will be tearsā€¦but mostly there will be laughter at some of the antics that Chris used to get up toā€¦and believe me there was manyā€¦love to all xxx

3 Likes

Hello All,
Just reading all your posts, it is sad so very sad that we feel they are missing out. The very first time I saw Marcus the medium, he looked straight at me and said Sam said he travels everywhere and doesnt have to pay. That would be a Sam remark. I am sure that although we cannot see them they are here with us. Kate when you looked at your watch and Jemma did as well thatā€™s no coincidence.

Maddie, we shall see them all one day of that I have no doubt whatsover.
Victoria, I feel exactly the same as you about Sam, I miss him so much like we all do.

I often sit and think about
the years that have passed and
of the happiness that was shared by you and I
I think of all the laughter the smiles and the fun
and before I know it the tears have begun
For although it brings me comfort to walk down memory lane
It reminds life without you has never been the same

With love to you all
Helen

3 Likes

Dear Kate

What an amazing uplifting post. Our children would want us to continue on and so it happens. Iā€™m sure Lisa would be laughing with you. :heart:

Much love
Purple

1 Like

Hello Marina , will be thinking of you tomorrow on Christians birthday . What ever you do to get through I as m sure Christian we be there to make sure you get through it Just had as lovely day meeting up with Deborah in Sussex . So letā€™s hope soon more of us can meet up in October. Maddie xx

1 Like

Hi Helen. , I have got to find another medium soon , I just need to get some sort of message from Dawn to let me know she is alright. Would love to see Marcus , but unfortunately he is so far away . I just wait to meet up with you , I so hope you will be able to meet up in October , when I hope there will be more of us mothers. With love Maddie xx

1 Like

I thought of maybe setting up a WhatsApp group (when I find out how to do itšŸ˜‚). I thought it would be useful to organise our meet up in October xx

2 Likes

Hi Victoria. Me and Maddie were discussing that today. Its a really good idea. Deborah xx

1 Like