Loss of our son aged 27

That’s a great idea count me in :+1:t2::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Love Michelle xxxx

1 Like

How to install WhatsApp:

1. Install the app from the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iPhone).
  2. Launch the app and approve the requested permissions.
  3. Enter your phone number and tap Confirm.
  4. Enter the verification code received via SMS (WhatsApp may do this automatically).
  5. Import existing contacts into the app (optional)
1 Like

Me too. Great idea.x

Thank you Deborah I’ll follow the instructions and set it up xx

Hi Everyone
Since getting my new phone I’m struggling to get on here apart from private messaging
Just want you all to know I think of you all
Anne x

2 Likes

Hi Anne,
Lovely to hear from you, hope your ok :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Love Michelle xxxx

Hi Anne,
I know your problem,the laptop I am on now keeps cutting out so I bought a new one and I just cannot get into the Sue Ryder site though it would help if I could remember my password…so I hope you have more success then me .xxx

Good to hear from you Anne.

Kate xxx

Count me in Victoria, Kate and Maddie has my number

love Helen

1 Like

So lovely to hear from you Anne, keep trying

xxHelen

Hi All
I’ve done nothing but cry all day and feel so incredibly sad. I have no motivation to do anything at all. My daughter has tried to snap me out of this feeling of hopelessness but it just won’t go away. I think I am still in shock and cannot believe that my precious girl has gone. Its just too horrifying to accept it.
Deborah xx

3 Likes

Hi Deborah,
That feeling is awful…I call it looking into the black hole. You have been so positive of late, but these things catch you completely unaware. As they say just like the waves, one minute they lap at your feet and the next they knock you off them. It is natural to feel so totally helpless, even now nearly 5 years on I get like that no rhyme or reason it just happens. She knows how you feel she will never leave you. Keep her locked inside your heart.
Take care my darling
Love Helen

4 Likes

Such lovely words Helen and so true. I feel that I live my life now with an undercurrent of sadness and always will. Sometimes inexplicably I feel as though the sadness overtakes me for a while.
Deborah, it is very early days for you my darling and you have been so brave and coping so well. I think you are right about the shock and that is why we struggle so much. I hope you have a calmer day tomorrow. Sending you both lots of love this evening xxx

2 Likes

Dear Deborah ,
I am sorry you have had such a bad day and I pray tomorrow will be a better day for you :heart::pray: it is too horrifying to accept that our precious children have been taken and we are still here, Helen is right they are with us constantly in our hearts and they will never leave us, we go on for so long putting on the brave face for everyone else and then the thought they have actually gone just overwhelms us and knocks us of our feet, you have had one of these days I had one the other day, I usually have 1 or 2 glass’s of wine but I drank the whole bottle and couldn’t stop crying, sometimes you can’t fight the feelings and you have to just go with it but hope that the next day will be better, take care my friend, we are all on this journey together :heart:
Much love Michelle xxx

Hello Debororah , I am so sorry you had a bad day yesterday, I hope after meeting up with you on Monday , I didn’t upset you , by saying the wrong thing . I was hoping that you might have felt more positive about some things and would decide to put out Kathyne photo. You have been through so much recently , and I know you have been suffering with your health which hasnt helped … Take care and so hope you are feeling a. bit better today . Love Maddie xx

1 Like

You poor darling. Whilst typing I am crying as well. For you and myself and all of us here. I think we are all kind gentle folk and I sometimes want to rage at how unjust our children’s loss is. They were good people and there are so many nasty horrible criminals about, why couldn’t it be all of them that are taken. It’s just so unfair. Our children were young and beautiful. No wrinkles on their lovely faces. Beautiful forever, that’s the way we must remember them.
Sending love to you. It is so hard for you just now.

Kate xxx

3 Likes

Dear Deborah

I’m so sorry you’re feeling so much grief. It’s such a weight…at times it feels too much.

My garden and meditation has helped me so much - I do hope there is something like that for you.

I’m sending you love and hugs.

Purple x

1 Like

Hi Deborah
I hope you get this message, I’m having such trouble with the site, can’t see to figure out what I’m doing wrong.
It’s still such early days for us. I had lunch today with Scott’s friend Rory, they were friends since the first day of primary school and he wrote the most beautiful words for his funeral.
We both felt that sometimes we still think he is still in his house, too busy to see us. It’s too shocking to accept the truth. I like you am still in so much shock. I still can’t really accept it and like you the pain is terrible.
I’m back at work, having dinner with friends and i hear myself occasionally laughing and the guilt is awful but a friend said you will always have that dark shadow hanging over you and that’s enough to deal with without feeling guilty for enjoying seeing friends.
My life is ruined and I just need to tread water till its over with but friends help, I hope you have people round you that can at least try to understand the pain.
Thinking of you
Anne xxx

2 Likes

Dear All,
I found these words this morning and find them so comforting: xxx

‘The dead are not distant or absent. They are alongside us. When we lose someone to death, we lose their physical image and presence, they slip out of visible form into invisible presence. This alteration of form is the reason we cannot see the dead. But because we cannot see them does not mean that they are not there. Transfigured into eternal form, the dead cannot reverse the journey and even for one second re-enter their old form to linger with us a while. Though they cannot reappear, they continue to be near us and part of the healing of grief is the refinement of our hearts whereby we come to sense their loving nearness. When we ourselves enter the eternal world and come to see our lives on earth in full view, we may be surprised at the immense assistance and support with which our departed loved ones have accompanied every moment of our lives. In their new, transfigured presence their compassion, understanding and love take on a divine depth, enabling them to become secret angels guiding and sheltering the unfolding of our destiny.’

JOHN O’DONOHUE

Excerpt from his books, Beauty: The Invisible Embrace (US) / Divine Beauty (Europe)
Ordering Info: https://johnodonohue.com/store

3 Likes

Hi all
Thank you for all your kind messages of support. Maddie meeting up with you was lovely, me feeling so desperate was nothing to do with that, I’ve been feeling like this on and off for ages. The feeling of hopelessness and darkness comes in huge waves. I am going to try and put up Kathryns portrait today as you suggested. My daughter said that I’ve got to just rip off the plaster however much it hurts.
Sending love Deborah :heart:

2 Likes