Lost both parents 7 months apart

Hi all,

Not entirely sure what to write, however here’s my story: in the last 7 months I lost my Dad and now my Mum. I am barely 28 years old with a toddler, working full time and get married in just 3 months time. I feel devastated and alone… I guess I’m wondering if there is anybody else out there in a similar situation that could help me understand/navigate what has happened.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about your parents, @Btav95. You are not alone. You may want to connect with @Gip01 who posted this thread earlier today. They have also sadly experienced the loss of both their parents and may understand some of what you are going through.

It sounds like you have an awful lot going on, with coping with grief, a toddler and your wedding coming up. It’s completely okay to feel overwhelmed by all these things. I really hope you find the community to be a support to you. You might also want to look at our other Online Bereavement Support services. You can find out more about our Online Counselling service, our Grief Coach text support service, and our Grief Guide self-help tools by visiting the link.

Please keep reaching out and take care,
Seaneen