Lost Mum/Dad - Daily chat (part 2)

Good for you with a beer daffy.
It’s my daughters 13th birthday today. Trying to be do happy for her but so sad that my mum isng there with her, no card or present from mum either.
Like you said, its physically wrong x

1 Like

Ha ha ell.
Glad to see our sense of humour is still present!

2 Likes

22nd for me, but on a Sunday so always hard. Yep I’ll be having a few wines later. We don’t have Sunday dinner anymore we wait and have something on the night instead. It doesn’t hurt as much then x

Interesting with the dates again daffy. Almost meant to be in a weird way x

Such early days for you sam. I can honestly say that I’m finally experiencing a bit of numbness and a recognition that time is passing after 8 and a half months. The tears are definitely less frequent too so things will get better.
I am aware that tomorrow I could wake up back to square one again but I accept that x

Treasure your dad barrie.
Losing both of them is another thing altogether x

2 Likes

Yes, I think so.

First Coronavirus case confirmed in kent today at maidstone tv studios.
I can walk to this building in 15 minutes from my house.
Not that I plan to :roll_eyes:

Arghhh. :mask:

Bit unnerving when it gets close isnt it.

I’ve just read that 12 patients at mount Vernon cancer hospital are being tested. That’s near my old home town. Where all my family live. I’m still not too panicked by it.

No. It’s not the virus that bothers me. Its everyones panic to it, such as buying everything in the shops to stock up their homes etc

I just hope they don’t start cancelling events and closing schools

Good morning. How’s everyone?
I just keep wishing it was a normal year. Mum would be still here and there would be no spreading coronavirus. Lets hope the UK manages to keep the number of cases low.
Every couple of hours I burst into tears. I also had two bad nights sleep.
On the plus side it’s a lovely sunny day here. x

Hi daffy

It’s still so normal to be crying regularly. I can go several days without crying and then I will have a day where I cry on and off all day, and I’m a fee months ahead of you.
For me the loss of her in my life is getting worse. I think its because I’m constantly thinking what we were doing this time last year. We had finished decorating the house and were looking forward to our first spring here, putting away our winter coats etc.
Mums arthritis was bad so the Warner weaver would have helped alot and we had so much to look forward to. Fast forward 3 and a bit months and she was gone, like a puff of smoke.
Sometimes it’s hard to believe she was ever here. In a months time my partner, daughter and I will have lived in our house for as long without her as we did with her.
The sunny weather is nice but its freezing. I’m back at the doctors with my shoulder pain which is getting worse x

Weather not weaver :no_mouth:

Cheryl, it’s so sad that you didn’t get longer together in the house.
My days frequently centered around Mum. At the moment, life feels rather meaningless without her. (I don’t mean totally meaningless.) What I mean by this is that I’m so used to sharing my experiences, day, thoughts, worries with Mum. I miss her and her feedback. “Come and look at this Mum, what do you think?” etc.
I miss hear dreadfully, as i know we all on this site missing our loved ones.
Yes, Coronavirus 15 mins walk away from you is rather close!
I’ll be glad when this weather warms up!

Daffy
It’s so hard that we cant talk to our mums about the stuff that’s going on. Mum loved having a chat about Brexit or any gossip going on in my work. I’d love to tell her about my shoulder and that I’m on Naproxen and omeprazole, both medications she was on.
Like you said, even saying, mum what do you think of this?
Or asking my mum if she can take my daughter to town on Saturday for some new dance shoes
It’s never ending!
I’m not a sun lover daffy but some brighter, warmer weather would be very welcome x

Morning all. Nice sunny day here too. Cheryl hope your shoulder is ok. Why have they given you omeprazole? Is that related to the shoulder? I take that for acid reflux.
I’ve got a terrible headache. Just back from counselling. She’s a new one as the other one wasn’t working for me anymore. She was very good today. I pay privately go twice a month.

She said how 6 months is such early days. Even a year is very early days.

I don’t like it very hot, but nearly every Winter I get SAD. I’m always glad when it hits 1st March, as I know the daylight hours are getting longer. Strangely, this winter seems to have gone rather quickly, not that it’s over yet!
I’m just so used to sharing my life with Mum. Not being able to share is so sad and is going to take some adjusting to.