Lost Mum/Dad - Daily chat (part 2)

Thats my plan but at the moment I’m so exhausted I doubt I’ll be able to!!! Xxx

Yeah, it’s not right and it’s not fair that they are gone. I hate the word forever now. They were robbed of their existence. What’s that about?
My mum died on my 10th wedding anniversary. Shortly before she died, literally less than an hour before, she told me where her card and present was as she was struggling to breath. I opened the card a couple of weeks after and it broke my heart. I still have it, probably some of the last words she wrote. The present was a bottle of local gin. I haven’t drunk any yet. She didn’t plan to go that day, she had plans for the future. Those plans were destroyed.
Sorry I don’t mean to upset you with what I’m writing, so tell me if I am. I find these words hard to write every single time.

Not at all I’m finding it v comforting! Xx

Yes definitely go and see a doctor. Get some advice and if needed some medication. I’m not suggesting anything in particular though but your health both physical and mental, is important. At least you are discussing this and not just suffering in silence. x

1 Like

Ye I’m doing it tomorrow for sure I’ll let you know check me moaning about a sore tongue and throat!!! Xx

I really appreciate you chatting tonight please force me out of bed tommorow! X

I need to try this! X

Will try to but not sure you’ll hear my alarm clock. I have to get up early as I’m doing the school run. Eek. Is that the time? I do this a lot!

Haha!! Ok I’ll let you know if I eventually get up!!! Night xx

Yes, we’ll catch up tomorrow along with all the others no doubt. I know it’s hard but do try and get some sleep! G’night. xx

1 Like

No chance of that thank you and your welcome to what’s app me anytime !! X

My son has just told me I’m gonna get it if I don’t start looking after myself!! Docs for me tomorrow xx

Xx tell me about hopefully xx

I’m still awake !!! I need help! Xx

So ended up at NHS 24:!!! I have strep throat and dehydrated on antibiotic drip and fluids! Just got some diazepam so hopefully be asleep soon !! Thanks all xx

Ilene you poor thing you are so run down. Get some rest. Hope the diazepam helps you to get some sleep. Try and have some soup today please. Or even ice cream or smoothie to soothe your throat.

Goodness me! Sounds dreadful. Well you made the right choice and got some help. I’m so glad you did. Hopefully you won’t read this any time soon because you’ll be asleep! Good advice from Jooles. Hopefully you’ll feel a little better after some sleep. X

Ilene
I’m glad you sought some help.
Let us know how you are throughout the day.
Cheryl x

I’m driving back to see dad today. And to see my uncle in hospital. I hate hospitals now. And Mum and dads house breaks me every time I visit. I can still smell her there and her shoes are by the front door. So not looking forward to it all. But dad is taking me out for dinner. I’ll spend the evening trying to talking him into moving nearer to me. He wants to move to Cornwall to be with me. He just doesn’t want to leave my brother. Although he lives 45 mins from dad and never sees him. He has some kind of spectrum disorder we think. But he is functioning and copes fine on his own. He doesn’t have close relationships with anyone. He likes it like that. He only sees dad once a month. The only person he has ever had any deep feelings for was my mum.

Good morning everyone. :smiley: I’m determined to have a better day than yesterday! I cried so much yesterday. I’m going try and keep upbeat this weekend.
Cheryl, any idea with you get your results? Great that the scanned you so quickly.
We all need to try and look after our health.
IIene1, I’m glad you are getting some help and that the diazapam gives you a good nights sleep.
We had a hell of a lot of rain in kent and sussex yesterday. It’s a slightly brighter day today.